PDA

View Full Version : IC panic.... (warning: tmi here)

kitkat96
14-03-14, 00:37
For a little while (a week or two, maybe longer), when I've gone the loo and wee'd, I've finished 'going', and then wee'd the last tiny bits out....like what would normally stay in your bladder till next time.
Yesterday, my stomach/ovaries started to ache a little bit on the bus coming back from college, and i felt (mildly) like I needed to wee, but I knew I didn't....and it felt more like it was an urge to wee from my *coughs*clitois*coughs* instead of the normal place.
The same happened today, and when I googled it, it came up with IC....and now I'm terrified :weep:
I can't go to the docs (it's impossible) and I don't think it's a bladder infection, because I've had no other symptoms.
The only thing I can think of is that this has happened once before, when I got anxious and became hyper aware of where the toilets were and such, because I didn't want to be stuck on the bus needing the loo....
Some help/reasurance would be greatfully appreciated :scared10:

RoseEve
14-03-14, 00:40
When I get nervous I urinate a lot! Like 3 times an hour. I doubt you are old enough to worry about IC you sound like you are in your 20s?

kitkat96
14-03-14, 00:43
I'm 17 :)

Catherine S
14-03-14, 00:52
Hi KitKat, well I think the feeling you had with your clitoris is because of its close proximity to the uretha which is the pathway from the bladder for weeing. It does sound like a mild bladder infection to be honest, although i'm not a doctor so can't diagnose anything. If you've also had discomfort in your stomach/ovary area then that what it sounds like. If you really can't go to your doctor, you can ask the local pharmacist, they are really good and they know loads...more than you'd think.

Hope this helps a bit
Take care
ISB

Leslie735
14-03-14, 02:24
I can so relate to your fear, that is exactly my fear, interstitial cystitis. It started back in December for me. The feeling you describe, is how I feel. My symptoms come and go and it totally freaks me out. Some weeks are better than others. Last week I had no issues at all. I went to see a urogynecologist about 2 weeks ago. She did a pelvic exam and took a urine same through a catheter (ouch!) she didn't find anything wrong. She told me to come back in a month if I'm still have a problem and she'll set me up for tests. I mentioned interstitial cystitis and she shook her head "no" and said "you don't have that." "You don't want that diagnosis." Of course I don't! The stories I've read, completely terrify me!

kitkat96
14-03-14, 22:49
Thanks for your replies guys :)
Update: not so much a feeling of wanting to 'go' today, but it's been replaced by a dull ache in my lower abdomen.....it's nowhere near my time of the month though, so I'm still worried :wacko:

venusbluejeans
14-03-14, 23:01
What is IC?

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 23:16
What is IC?

Interstitial cystitis... a rather rare malady (2-4%) of the population that affects more women than men.

I remember when it meant Integrated Circuit ;)

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
14-03-14, 23:21
ah ok, I was just wondering.... Thank you :)

It is better for you to mention what things are in your original posts and some people are not sure what the acronyms are so don't know how to reply

Fishmanpa
15-03-14, 00:15
ah ok, I was just wondering.... Thank you :)

It is better for you to mention what things are in your original posts and some people are not sure what the acronyms are so don't know how to reply

There was a similar thread not that long ago. I knew what the OP meant from that. I had never heard of it until then (many ailments/fears are pretty rare stuff anyway). Chances are it's not at 17yo (it affects older folks). But I'll throw in the "I'm not a doctor" disclaimer ;)

Positive thoughts