PDA

View Full Version : A way to help?

star2sparkle
14-03-14, 09:16
I have suffered from anxiety and agoraphobia, health anxiety and monophobia and so I have much empathy and understanding. I also have qualifications as well as life experiences and I am wanting to be an online agony aunt to help people with all sorts of problems, not just anxiety.
This is a psychologically based business idea...like an online agony aunt who can answer those niggling (and sometimes very important) questions quickly, with compassion and empathy. So if you had a question such as; 'Why do I feel so low and despondent every morning', I could help you find the answer. Or 'Does my husband still fancy me?' Or 'Why am I still single?' Again, these answers could be answered rapidly and effectively without the individual having to search through endless websites to find the answer to their very specific question.

Could you help me please by filling in a very short survey? It is to gauge a response. I would really would like to make a difference.
The link is below.

Thank you :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BRJBRCS

Gem_182
15-03-14, 21:23
Hi there,
I have filled in this survey, I really like this idea. This could be a great thing, I seem to always be searching for such a thing and apart from chat rooms and those online doctors that can get an answer to you straight away for a huge fee these is nothing out there. x

HalfJack
15-03-14, 22:12
I filled it out too, I'm not sure if it's for me but I think its a good idea!

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-14, 23:12
It would wise to understand your position in relation to the current Bill to regulate this field. I wasnt sure if this would apply to your suggested service but from the questions you are asking, it might.

On a personal level, and from lots of people I have spoken to in self help groups, it helps because no doctor or therapist truly understands how this feels. If they say they do, just think "how do you know what the pain a broken leg feels like unless you've had one?" My therapist agreed with this.

You could do some other research e.g. see what the NHS and BACP think.

Many people charge for online advice thesedays e.g. solicitors, so that could be a option. Eitherway, be careful of what indemnity insurance you may need.

Professionals may have concerns about qualifications & experience though. Be very careful of your online liability in printing anything as well as data protection.

Another issue to consider is your target market because mental health is do diverse and you could be asked about things outside of your experience.

Good luck with it. I thought of a similar service in my last industry, nothing about mental health, but I dont feel recovered enough for it.

Fishmanpa
16-03-14, 00:18
I stand by my response on the HA forum.

Positive thoughts

LiveAboveIt
16-03-14, 01:12
Filled out the survey.