PDA

View Full Version : Closing in on giving up

Miss Worry-a-lot
14-03-14, 13:28
I just had a recent water infection which has all cleared up now, I think. Then I recently found a lump at the bottom of my back and I've been getting lower back pain. I've been putting the pain down to be poking and prodding at the lump over and over again.

But I just did the stupid thing of turning to 'DR' Google and read that lower back pain is a sign of cancer, especially after a recent UTI.

I'm now terrified. The panic won't stop. There is nobody around to talk to or take my mind off of it.

I'm so tired of this. I'm so tired of constantly thinking I'm dying. I don't know how to stop it or get rid of it. I just want to give up.

I don't know what to do. Or how to stop the worry.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-03-14, 14:05
Hey, Hun,
Have you talked with your GP about your physical questions, and are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?

Miss Worry-a-lot
14-03-14, 14:06
I'm seeing a therapist but they are so slow. It takes so long to see them again, the last time I spoke to them was a month ago.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-03-14, 14:09
Have you seen a GP?

Miss Worry-a-lot
14-03-14, 14:21
Nope. They have no appointments free.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-03-14, 14:25
Wow, well, I'm not a doctor, so I can't give you insight into your physical ailments, although I bet it is very safe to say that anxiety is causing your problems.

The free CBT course here has helped many--- it would be worth downloading and trying. It can really help reroute those thought patterns that cause panic.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.

KLP
14-03-14, 15:43
MWAL, you'll get a doctors appointment, might not be till next week, but you have to get one booked in. Otherwise you'll continue to be in this circle of fear. You have to have some kind of reassurance.