PDA

View Full Version : Yellow snot!

Sarahj8079
14-03-14, 14:42
Afternoon

Hoping someone can calm me down!

Just blew my nose as it felt like I had a nose bleed and it was bright yellow.

I havent had a cold or anything and am really worried its something untoward can anyone help put my mind at rest.

Thanks

Round in circles
14-03-14, 14:59
Mucus?

Sarahj8079
14-03-14, 15:09
Bit to runny to be mucus

Round in circles
14-03-14, 15:18
Not sure I'm afraid. I had a funny spell where I had water like substance drip fom my nose when I leaned forward. Think it turned out to be post nasal drip. Freaked me out a bit though.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-03-14, 15:28
Here's the not a doctor comment…., but I have two kids four and under…..I'm not sure there is a day that goes by from Fall into mid-Spring that one of them doesn't have some version of snot coming out their nose…..even when they aren't "sick."

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 15:40
Yellow discharge from your nose is indicative of a sinus infection. Not a doc but that's pretty common knowledge.

And remember "Watch out where the huskies go. Don't you eat the yellow snow" (or snot ;) ) FZ

Yellow Snow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxAceec8DxI) Actually side 2 of Apostrophe (cause it's too good not to listen to :) )

Positive thoughts

HalfJack
14-03-14, 15:48
I get periods of time where I have a blocked nose, I'm not ill and the... "snot", is yellow. The inside of my nose may feel a little sore too, probably because of excessive blowing lol and my throat feels "guky" too.
It lasts a while but it doesn't seem to do anything more than worry me and irritate me a bit.

cut_out_stars
14-03-14, 17:18
Sounds like it could be minor allergies? I've had similar nose type issues in summer when my hayfever is at it's peak :)

mbarger33
15-03-14, 01:50
Been sick myself the last 3 days. Blew my nose about 2 hours ago and it was thick yellow with blood in it. The blood probably isn't normal but my sinus are jacked up right now. Ironically this hasn't sent me into a HA panic. Lol

Seans113
15-03-14, 03:54
Definitely agree with Fishman on this one. From all my sinus experiences (which have been many) I've learned that bright yellow or bright greenish snot = sinus infection or allergies in some cases.

I've been able to clear myself of infections without antibiotics, but if it makes you feel better just call your doc and tell him and I'm sure he'll prescribe you some over the phone