PDA

View Full Version : Blue Area In Eye White Area?

misterfrosty
14-03-14, 17:35
Hi,

I am a 31 year old male and notice that I have a blue "stripe" or line in the white area of both eyes. It is hard to see and not noticable unless I get really close to the mirror and look off to the side. Its basically in the white area in between my iris and nose.

It can only be seen when I look off to the side and in the corner. It looks pretty much exactly like the pic in the link below except its not near as "pronounced or deeply seen" as the pic below.

medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Scleral-thinning-WITH-PICTURE/show/715047

Is it normal to be able to see this blue line a little? I mean when you look closely and look of to the side? Can someone see if they can see this area or am I screwed and have some auto immune condition and its gonna keep getting worse? Thanks

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 17:47
Unfortunately, no one can diagnose via the forum. Dr. Google certainly has some unusual diagnosis's doesn't he?

If you're concerned, it's best to see an eye doctor.

Positive thoughts

misterfrosty
14-03-14, 17:55
Thanks. I was just wondering if maybe this is something all people have when they look closely in the mirror? I looked at my moms eyes and she has some blue areas in the white of her eyes when I look closely. I am not trying to get a diagnosis just wondering if this is something everyone can see a little when looking closely. Thanks and yes I hate looking stuff up on google lol.

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 18:01
I was just wondering if maybe this is something all people have when they look closely in the mirror?

I personally try not to get that close to myself ~lol~

Positive thoughts

misterfrosty
14-03-14, 22:03
can anyone else look in the mirror and see if they see this if possible? Thanks

RoseEve
15-03-14, 00:23
I just looked in the mirror for you and I should have listened to what fishmanpa said because I saw all sorts of skin imperfections ugh. My eyes don't seem to have that blue but boy are they bloodshot on the sides. It says in that link that it can be just from the veins in the eyes. I can't believe how many underlying diseases can cause that. Before Google came along you would just say oh my eyes have a little blue and go on with the rest of your life. Now just put it in a search and up comes lots of diseases. Point being you are fine looking at google is like looking at the sun it's interesting and painful all at the same time and it's something no one should be doing.

misterfrosty
16-03-14, 22:32
Thanks Rose but they are serious conditons. I am really worried....I dont think its normal to have a blue streak in the white area of my eye :(

RoseEve
17-03-14, 00:02
It's probably just your veins. If it makes you feel better go to the eye doctor.

misterfrosty
17-03-14, 00:13
Thanks rose. But this is like a "half moon" on both eyes. Cant be a vein. I mean I think its something under the white. Did you look off to the side away from your nose when you check? It

RoseEve
17-03-14, 00:16
Yeah my eyes are really red. Those other diseases you would have many other symptoms. Tell the truth if you didn't have HA would you notice it? I see you are in the states if you are that worried go to an eye doctor they will see you that day.

misterfrosty
17-03-14, 03:04
Thanks Rose. Sadly I do have a lot of symptoms of one of the conditions listed. I noticed it because I felt a pain in my eye and looked in the mirror and saw it. Seems like I would have noticed this area before too. Because I had an eye scare a few years back and never remember seeing this. That is what worries me.