PDA

View Full Version : mega sore throat please help

spacebunnyx
14-03-14, 18:19
Hi,

Just over 2 weeks ago I accidentally ate some boiling hot apple and blackberry crumble in the pub. Burnt up my throat... Looked at it later and it was purple and painful. I still have a sore throat.. But it goes a bit when I eat. I don't want to go to the drs as I try to avoid unless necessary. Its got "slightly" better but not much.. I can talk OK, it just feels raw. Any tips on how I could make it better? Should go to the dr? It probably doesn'thelp that im a teacher and constantly using my voice so not letting it heal.

Trying hard not to get anxious about this so would really aappreciate honest answers.
Thank you
Xxx

ankietyjoe
14-03-14, 20:26
I'd just go to the Dr's to get it checked out. If you don't like going to the Dr's because of HA, then this is a good reason to practice where you already know it's nothing serious :)

MyNameIsTerry
14-03-14, 23:38
I suppose you could try gargling. This can help clean and heal. Use warm water and salt but be careful at first incase its too raw.

Go see the GP though. You may need something to help it heal. Its a tender area that gets used a lot so a burn could take some time but its best for the GP to see it incase you get an infection which may just need some basic short course of antibiotics.