PDA

View Full Version : Update from me

willous1
14-03-14, 19:16
Hi everyone

Hope your all well?

Well as many of you know I was a wreck and in a bad bad place. I could not follow anyone's advice. I bought books, asked for reassurance everywhere, tried different things like reflexology and nothing worked. I am sorry to everyone but want to thank all those that helped me. The day I started to change was my past doctors appointment and the day of my first CBT! My doctor did a blood test on me and after seeing him and others about twice a week for about 3 months and calling all the time he told me he was sick of it basically and told me to see a psychiatrist. I refused and started CBT and haven't looked back. I have a great relationship with the therapist. It is so different to doing it online. I was in a state as people know, I couldn't leave the house or talk on phone. I was convinced I had dementia and ruined Christmas etc. I couldn't sleep with health anxiety and no diazapam would help. The one thing that helped me most was the thing everyone was trying to tell me to stop on here.....asking for reassurance. I cannot stress enough. Stopping was THE hardest thing ever but I did it and now am getting back to normal. Can go places, speak to people Ect. I am starting to enjoy things again and haven't been doctors since Jan. HA is evil but can be beat. I still worry but techniques help. Anyone that's got HA really bad please see a doctor and demand CBT. It may not work for everyone but is worth a shot.

Phuzella
14-03-14, 19:36
Well done you:)

Elen
14-03-14, 19:36
Wow Sean what a post.

So pleased to hear that things are going great for you.

You should be so proud of yourself. CBT is not an easy way out but it does really help.

Well done and keep us up to speed

RoseEve
14-03-14, 19:37
That's great! Congratulations!

Button1
14-03-14, 19:41
Well done, im truly jealous but very impressed!

MrAndy
14-03-14, 19:42
Well done mate

unsure_about_this
14-03-14, 19:44
Well done. I have tried CBT with a therapist but did not work for me, however I am trying a group session, so far I only had one session and can have/attended as many as I want to and go when I want to.

Round in circles
14-03-14, 19:47
It's brilliant to hear that you're getting back in control of your life. Keep up the good work!

mummyanxious
14-03-14, 20:09
This is amazing news, well done you

cpe1978
14-03-14, 20:27
Sean,

You joined this site shortly after me. I can't tell you how pleased I am that you have taken the first steps to feeling better. Be prepared for setbacks, but print this post off and remind yourself that this is where you can get back to!

Well done mate - I bet your wife and kids are enjoying having you back :)

Chris

Fishmanpa
14-03-14, 20:51
Great to hear Sean! Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
14-03-14, 21:07
Sean, I'm delighted to hear how well things are going for you. Great, inspirational post. Good for you!

TooMuchToLiveFor
15-03-14, 15:01
Oh, Sean, this is wonderful, wonderful to hear! Keep going! One foot in front of the other!
Welcome back to life!!!!