PDA

View Full Version : skin rash after blood donation?

viswa
14-03-14, 19:39
Hey guys, me & my brother gave blood donation for platelets yestersay and after 5 hours red rashes showed up in my brothers left arm (The arm from which they took blood and the rashes are around the area from where they took blood. Is it normal to have these kinda rashes after donating blood...

I have attached the link of image of the rashes below. Thanks a lot for your help..

This image was taken one day after blood donation:-

postimg.org/image/5ittrgcfp/

This image was taken today (i..e five days after blood donation )

postimg.org/image/ts661kz5b/

Please is this kinda of petechiae or something?.. will it fade away?.. is it common to have these kinda rashes after blood donation?..

P.S While he was donating blood, his arm got slightly swollen in the half-way but the one who was in-charge didnt stop it since they weren't able to find proper vein in the other hand.

After the donation was done, they said it will take around 1 week for this arm to get normal but we weren't about aware of these rashes!.

The arm is also slightly bluish green in color around the rashes!. Please help.. Is it anything serious?.. We are gonna to check with out general physician tomo
but still i am worried..

Thanks in advance..

anthrokid
14-03-14, 21:58
I'm not particularly knowledgeable in this area, but I do have a petechial rash because I have 'thin blood' with lower than usual platelet counts. Given that you've just donated platelets it could just be a rash due to reduced platelets, which means the blood doesn't clot as quickly. If it's slightly bluish green in colour it may be bruising, again related to reduced ability for the blood to clot. You're checking in with your GP, and that's the best thing I could suggest at this stage :) Best of luck!

viswa
15-03-14, 09:41
@ anthrokid Thanks a lot for your reply..

so what do your guys think?.. Anyone with the knowledge or past experiences here?..

Thanks in advance..