PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody wakes up suddenly with a fast heartbeat?

star68
14-03-14, 23:01
Sometimes I get this feeling when I am having a nap or at night time maybe 30 minutes to an hour from falling sleep. I just wake up suddenly my heart is beating very fast and the fear takes over, I sit on the bed for while waiting to see what happen but the fear is extreme like impending doom and takes me and after a while I calm down.. If it happens while I am having a nap I feel panicky for the rest of the day, and when it happens at night time I cannot go back to sleep because I am fearing that something is going to happen to me.
Sometimes I link it with stress, when it happens is usually after an stressful day.
Anyone can relate to this?

RoseEve
15-03-14, 00:10
Yes it's a panic attack. It's rare to have them in sleep but it happens. I get this often.

HoneyLove
15-03-14, 00:28
I used to get this, it turned out that acid reflux was creating the fast heart rate and then anxiety/fear took over once I woke up. When you lie down it's easier fir reflux to happen & it creating palpitations or faster heart rate is more common than you'd think.

It might be something worth looking into or speaking with your doctor about.

realworrier
15-03-14, 07:40
yes! when I have a daytime nap I often get a really fast heart beat. Always have done! I have had a thought that I must not drift into a deep sleep or I wake up whist falling into a deep sleep and that's why this happens. I don't know if that made sence but it made sence in my head LOL

star68
15-03-14, 10:32
It's a very strange feeling, like something is going to happen. It feels like a shot of adrenaline. Can you get that while sleeping, I always thought the adrenaline feeling is when you are awake and start fearing something, but no while sleeping.

realworrier
15-03-14, 13:40
I have no idea. I've have never worried about it as I can always remember having it. It doesn't happen all the time (not that I nap much during the day anyway) and never have it from waking in the morning. Always when have a nap in the day. If you are concerned maybe its best speaking to a Dr :)