PDA

View Full Version : new to the site

paula2876
15-03-14, 10:47
hello all,
I'm new here although have scanned the internet for what feels like forever trying to find a way out of this anxiety. I am a mum of 4 children. I have suffered anxiety for 15 yrs and been on medication from the start, when I first asked about having CBT many years ago i was told by my doctor i would be hard to treat so didn't bother!!
I have since had CBT with little effect but I haven't given up, I am due to be assessed by my local community mental health team on Tuesday for the first time ever which I have to say worries me but i'm interested to see what they have to say. I suffer with GAD, health anxiety which has led to obsessive checking behaviours, depression (which i think is because i feel so useless with this anxiety ) and am now agoraphobic as i dont want to embaress myself or repulse others.
Fingers crossed one day I will be free from all of this and good luck to all of you that are currently suffering too.

Jacsta
15-03-14, 14:33
Welcome to NMP, there is a lot of support and advise about to help you in your journey

Mark13
15-03-14, 16:10
Glad to have you with us Paula.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Coincidentally I've got a Mental Health Team assessment on Tuesday too :)