PDA

View Full Version : Left sided heart pain

AnxietySufferer
15-03-14, 13:24
Okay so I had a pain on my rib that was quite bad and would come and go, now my rib has stopped hurting but the pain had moved to my chest... I keep getting a pain lasting about 10 seconds and then it will stop, this keeps happening ever 5 minutes or so... Does this sound anxiety related? It's really worrying me it's been going on for about 3 hours and I don't know what to do :(

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

I have also had a cold, and I had a sore throats at night don't know if that has anything to do with it but it really really hearts where my heart is, it's like a bad pain but only lasts 20 seconds then it will come back again : I'm only 17 by the way

India123
19-03-14, 16:24
a couple of months ago I started getting chest pain and had all the symptoms of what seemed to be a heart attack, crushing chest pain, nausea, shooting pains down my legs and in my jaw, lasting for longer than a few seconds each time, and turns out after multiple trips to the doctor and a couple of trips to ER I have GERD, because my anxiety is causing my stomach to produce too much acid and it's coming up and causing chest pain.

Initially I didn't believe my doctor as the heart pain didn't feel like burning and was more of an ache (a typical symptom is heartburn), however I too used to get rib pain and my doctor told me this was a classic symptom of GERD (:

Chest pain should always be taken seriously and this isn't a substitute for a trip to the doctors (which I think you should do just to rule out anything nasty) however by what you've told me I would try and calm down (easier said than done of course), maybe take some pain killers, and give the doctor a call explaining your symptoms.

What they always say to me after another panic and a trip to the doctors is that I am young (I'm twenty) and healthy and it's highly unlikely, especially as a sufferer of anxiety, that my symptoms are those of a heart attack. As it's been several months and I'm obviously still here I'm trying to calm down about it, but with chest pain it's very difficult as you always worry it's something awful

Hope things get better for you soon

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

oh after reading the second bit of your post, I should also mention that these symptoms started up when I was just recovering after a bad cold, again the doctor told me this was also common

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

oh after reading the second bit of your post, I should also mention that these symptoms started up when I was just recovering after a bad cold, again the doctor told me this was also common