PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

scotford14
15-03-14, 14:39
Hi there.
My name is James. I am 23 years old and live in the UK.

I was told by my doctor during Christmas 2013 that I may be suffering with a little anxiety. I was given a tiny advice leaflet with a couple of breathing exercises to practice. Within a week I felt fine again and carried on as normal until about 5 weeks ago when it really started playing up. I have been suffering with a headaches and a stiff neck. I have been to the doctors and had all the tests etc done. I've had my eyes checked too. I decided to search the net for anxiety related issues when I stumbled across this website. I can relate to some of the things I feel/fear in everyday life. Worried about going to he supermarket, especially waiting in line to be served. I worry about driving even the shortest journey. I feel very spaced out most of the time.

I don't know if anxiety is causing my head aches and neck pain. Could it be that the head aches are causing the anxiety?

If anyone else can shed some light on this situation it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you James

cokesmyth5
15-03-14, 15:03
Hi & welcome

The older I get, the more I think that anxiety can be linked to practically every symptom in the book.
I know that my headaches make my anxiety worse and the other way round. I'm willing to bet neck pain is linked to the tension felt in any or all parts of the body in anxiety.
There are many different ways to make this better; there is really helpful stuff all over this site.
Good luck

Mark13
15-03-14, 16:08
Hi James. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.