PDA

View Full Version : Help! Dental appointment tomorrow....

Clare
27-11-06, 22:31
and I am feeling really anxious. I haven't seen a dentist in about 6 or 7 years, and I am scared incase they say I have to fillings done, or teeth removed, as I also suffer from Injection and blood phobia, and I am terrified incase they say I have to an injection in my mouth, or have a tooth out. I like to think I look after my teeth, but with not seeing a dentist for so long, I am worried, as I couldn't cope with having an injection of any sort or a tooth out.

This is just for a check up, but I am feeling really anxious, and I know I won't sleep much tonight with worrying.

Does anybody have any advice or relaxation tips for me to use before I go and also for while I am at the dentist?

Thank you

Love an anxious
Clare

kazzie
27-11-06, 22:46
Hi Clare

No advice im afraid but ive also got the dentist for a check up tomm so you arent alone

good luck and it will be fine

luv kaz x x x

vernon
27-11-06, 23:25
Hi Clair, Dentists are a big big fear of mine too, I have been in agony even with an abcess and still havnt gone. Anyway clair tomorrow is just a check up and you dont need to have anything done at a checkup and if you do need work done ask them if they can give you a sedative, If not, tell them you will come back another time and ask your Doctor for some vallium or a sedative for your next dental appointment, also when i have had to have injection I ask them to put gell they have on my gum it freezes the gum before the injection and stops the pain. Let us know how you get on. Vernon

traciec39
27-11-06, 23:27
I also had dental phobia for over 10 years, it came out of the blue, as i was always a cool customer before my panic days!!
However recently i read about dental veneers to correct wonky teeth, and as i have always hated my smile, i spents weeks worrying and wishing i could go for it.
I spoke to the dentist at my initail consulation and explained about my panic attacks. He was so understanding and said that i could have all the work done at once. oh my god FEAR DREAD TERROR... im so scard of injections how would i cope?
All i can tell you was on the morning of the treatment i was so nervous, it took all my courage to get into that chair.... howewer i practiced deepb breathing for about 5 mins in the chair and closed my eyes for the 1st jab. The work took six and a half hours, and approx 15 injections,
and i can honestly tell you it was painless and every time i felt a bit panicky and breathless, i done deep breaths.
If i could do this, which included having root canal on my front teeth, you can do it to.
Dentists really understand anxiety and panic and do try to keep you comfortable.
Best of luck for tomorrow hunni, and remember to take lots of deep breaths.,, you will be fine and then so proud of yourself.

I CAN, I WILL , I AM