PDA

View Full Version : Greens supplement & Choline and depression?

SCHIM
15-03-14, 19:27
Hey,

I have a bit of a dilemma, please stick with me.

What I've come to believe is that I'm sensitive to choline. There are two experiences in relation to this I have to share.

My first expierence was where I read about the positive effects of lechetine, inositol, choline supplementation. For this I ate 5 whole eggs a day.
However after 3 to 5 days I got a depressed mood. After looking this up I found simular reports, of negative effects on mood in some cases, by others. So I stopped eating eggs and my mood went back to normal after a couple of days.

Now for my second expierence. I started taking a greens supplement in powder form (somewhere from 8-10g a day) since thuesday (it's now saturday). Now thursday I first noticed a feeling of fatigue. This got worse and turned in to a feeling of depression.

Today I realised I feel the same as in my first experience, where i was eating a lot of eggs.

The greens supplement contains extracts from greens, veggetables, fruits and sprouts. Basicly a very concentrated dose of phytonutrients. You can find the label as the attachment: Greens.jpg.

So is a sensitivity to choline likely to blame here?

So I'm in a dilemma about this. I very much like this product and I would very much like to continue taking. (I am 100% sure that the phytonutrients are beneficial to both your physical and mental health, except probably not choline in my case.) However at this point I will stop taking it for a couple of days and see how my mood evolves.

I very much appreciate all insight and advice that is shared.

LunaLiuna
15-03-14, 19:50
May I ask why you are supplementing to such an extent? is it possible your having too much of certain things? especially that greens supplement.

Any form of change in diet will take a while to get use too, especially if your using high concentrations. It's possible the fatigue, tiredness is also your body detoxing, I got it when using Himalayan salt.

Obviously having the correct amount of Vitamins,Minerals, enzymes etc is great for you, but surely correcting your diet would be a better route?

I've found keeping things balanced is working for me :)

SCHIM
15-03-14, 20:10
Thanks for your reply.

It's certainly a welcome point of view that my body needs some time to adapt to the change in diet. Now I need to mention that I also did a 2 week detox (from NOW: easy cleanse) just a week prior.

And some extra information is that I'm a bodybuilder and I consume a lot of oatmeal, milk and protein.

Have a good day.