PDA

View Full Version : very brief pressing/crushing feeling in part of heart

Kmccluskey
15-03-14, 20:41
hey guys . i had one of those symptoms that makes you think that something else is going on with your anxiety, I'm not sure if it's a palp of some sort , a muscle spasm of some sort etc , but it feels like a part of my heart gets pressed in and sort of feels very tight and crushing . it is very very brief lasting only 1-3 seconds however it scares me as it feels like my heart. surely if it were heart related it would last longer, it's just horrible because it feels like my heart is getting crushed for a brief second . anyone experienced this ?

thanks a lot

Kieron

TooMuchToLiveFor
15-03-14, 21:42
(I am not a doctor….)
But, from what I have gathered from my docs when I have the "heart issues" is that it is muscles in the chest wall spasming. It can be very painful. Can happen on and off. Can also happen in such a quick succession that it often feels it is one long pain. Almost like a charlie horse per se in the muscles in that area…..they are NOT dangerous. They are scary as they are near your heart (and I know this is your huge trigger point), but they can not hurt you. (If I am remembering right you have been cleared from your GP of not having any heart issues, right?)

Hang in there-- you were doing really well for awhile, but I can feel the fear cycle getting more intense by your threads.

Kmccluskey
15-03-14, 23:36
thanks a lot too much. your right, it's been hunting me this past couple of days especially. need to snap out of it but it's hard. thanks for your advice. ��. how are you doing ?

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

and yes the GP has cleared me of a heart problem.