PDA

View Full Version : Both legs cramped

Freaked
15-03-14, 23:25
My calves are both cramped. It feels really weird and scary and I'm terrified. Has anyone had this from hyperventilation?

RoseEve
16-03-14, 00:17
Yes I have had this in panic. I also used to get it when I was pregnant.

Freaked
16-03-14, 12:35
Thanks so much! Makes me feel better to know that.

RoseEve
16-03-14, 13:52
No problem :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-03-14, 14:00
Hey Freaked,
As a ballet instructor for 15 years I have dealt with numerous cramped up calves that would hit my dancers (and personally when I was pregnant- just like RoseEve).

Keeping your potassium levels up helps seems to help (bananas are what I suggest), but the best immediate fix known in the ballet world is straight up mustard. A tablespoon of yellow mustard has relieved this painful condition more times than I can count. Many professional ballerinas (and students that have been given this info) keep mustard packets in their dance bags, backstage, etc. for quick relief when their calves seize up.

Hope that helps!

Magic
16-03-14, 14:25
This is a good tip. I have not tried it myself for cramp in my toes, but will do now.
We have powdered mustard in our cupboard as my husband has a mustard bath
when he has a cold and it works for him in that regard too.. Will get my feet soaked tonight.
Thank you tmtlf. XXX

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-03-14, 14:29
Hey- no problem!

Interesting, Magic, I actually have only used and suggested it by consuming it…..never thought about soaks and using powdered…..excited to hear if it works the same! Let me know! XXX :)

Magic
16-03-14, 14:35
Oh heck sorry, never heard of taking it for consumption as much as that amount
Well I never!!I do like mustard. By golly that must be hot xx

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-03-14, 14:38
LOL- hold on,,….let me make sure I am not being confusing here….

You know the bottles of regular yellow mustard- we put it on hot dogs here…guessing it might be the same where you are? It isn't spicy……

That is what I am talking about eating……LOL-- if anyone is rushing off to eat mustard powder by the tablespoon…..I am guessing that they won't feel their cramps anymore- because their mouths will be on FIRE!

:roflmao:

Magic
16-03-14, 14:48
:D:D Oh. I know what you mean now:blush:. that's the sort of mustard I have not tasted. the one I was thinking about(English Mustard) is quite hot and has to be mixed with water.
Can be used with food --like ham sandwiches though. and can be used (old wives tale)--as in the bath for comfort. whooo Just noticed your flag.
Sorry for the mix up:hugs:

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-03-14, 19:49
Laughing my butt off, Magic!

Seriously, that just got me so tickled……my husband keeps teasing me that I think I'm a "British local" since I have so many Brit friends on here…..I'll let him know I still have a ways to go before I totally fit in…….:D
:hugs:

KLP
16-03-14, 21:59
TMT, I'll post some over to you. Fiery little jar, lovely with ham though.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Didn't know you used to be a dance instructor. Me too.
Mad ey?.