PDA

View Full Version : Nocturnal Panic

looking4answers
27-11-06, 23:50
I just chatted with my wife and she says that she sees a pattern ..It seems that late in the afternoon I get panicky.She said that in the mornings I seem fine but late in the afternoons I seem like I get worried about myself..Maybe its just a nocturnal anxiety .I don't know ..but already posted a few minutes ago and posting again after talking to her..Maybe someone wiil see a pattern..

sgp64
28-11-06, 09:17
Hi Michael

this tends to happen to me. I think, for me anyway, its just a gradual build up of anxiety if I'm thinking negatively. So I wake up usually in not too bad a humour but as the day progresses my crap thought processes build to a point where I can get anxious and depressed. I know I tend to dwell on things too much...would you say you are the same?

SEan

looking4answers
29-11-06, 22:48
hey .. well i think that maybe it ..the continous thought process negaitive and destructive..also i get worried about the doctors office getting closed and the nearest hospital is over 20 miles away and being in the middle of nowhere in the dark..could contribute to it.. Also we just got a foot of snow and its been snowing all day long..the roads are terrible even in town and it makes me anxious thinking that the emt might not get here on time if something did happen..I guess i need to work on my fear of death and overcoming fear..and try obsessing about this.. Thanks for the comments..

sp33der
29-11-06, 23:34
The fear of death, night time panics etc are very similar to what I got. I had it for 4 yrs til a bereavement made it all much worse. Got a referral to a shrink, he told me how common it all is and that drugs (prescribed ones, of course!) would help. I asked him if I'd seen him 3 or 4 years ago could I have got the whole thing sorted out quicker and ultimately his answer was "probably, yes" There's no guarantees of course. Last few weeks following drug treatment I don't have panic or anxiety attacks, i'm not scared of dying all the time. I still think of the feelings I had. probably because they were with me constantly for so long, and I must admit I'm sometimes scared of them coming back but on the whole, life is pretty normal and happy. I appreciate simple things a lot more than I have for a long time!

rmlamatt
30-11-06, 02:13
((I just chatted with my wife and she says that she sees a pattern ..It seems that late in the afternoon I get panicky.She said that in the mornings I seem fine but late in the afternoons I seem like I get worried about myself..Maybe its just a nocturnal anxiety .I don't know ..but already posted a few minutes ago and posting again after talking to her..Maybe someone wiil see a pattern.. ))

Is could be Sundowners mostly noted in Alzheimer's and Dementia persons. I found this interesting, because of working with AD victims. I'm not saying you are, but I still find it interesting. Or maybe it just has to do with a morning person versus a night person.

Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend