PDA

View Full Version : Selfish?

Phuzella
16-03-14, 07:29
Anxiety is a very selfish illness on the part of the 'sufferer'. Until one starts looking outward at the bigger picture, ie the real world, you'll get nowhere.
This sounds harsh but think how harsh anxiety 'sufferers' are on themselves?
Cut yourself some slack for a bit, look around at this amazing planet we live on, look outward.
In 100 years time, none of this will be relevant.
Have a nice sunny Sunday:shades:

KLP
16-03-14, 08:50
Anxiety is a very selfish illness on the part of the 'sufferer'. Until one starts looking outward at the bigger picture, ie the real world, you'll get nowhere.
This sounds harsh but think how harsh anxiety 'sufferers' are on themselves?
Cut yourself some slack for a bit, look around at this amazing planet we live on, look outward.
In 100 years time, none of this will be relevant.
Have a nice sunny Sunday:shades:

You're absolutely right. I realised just how self centred this is. Once I told myself to give my head a wobble, I started to feel better. And when my husband or mum ask how I am. I tell myself 'no self pity' and say I'm just fine, It works.

Phuzella
16-03-14, 09:19
It is self centred, or maybe more a heightened sense of self preservation? But no man is an island so we need other people to help us survive. :)

LunaLiuna
16-03-14, 10:31
I agree with this! pulling your attention from little you is almost enough to get rid of anxiety on it's own, is that a big statement? I don't think so :)

Although sometimes I think everyone gets caught up in it, we seem to celebrate 'individuals' more than the whole :)

Phuzella
16-03-14, 11:29
I guess that's the human condition but we're definitely part of one big tribe. :shades:

LunaLiuna
16-03-14, 12:39
One big tribe? You hippie, go play in the flowers :winks: :roflmao:

Phuzella
16-03-14, 12:40
Oi watch it you :roflmao: