PDA

View Full Version : too tired to be rational

Bickety
16-03-14, 07:55
Hi everyone
I've had ha for years, but have learnt how to live with it with the help of cbt and a good gp.
I had a baby 6 weeks ago, a very longed for child after 5 years of trying, and fertility treatment. I coped with the body changes and sensations surprisingly well during pregnancy.
Now baby is here. I am experiencing tingling, and a kind of itchy feeling in my foot, it makes me want to claw at it. This mainly happens in bed at night, I notice it when I am up feeding. I am pretty sleep deprived at the moment, and also suffering with mastitis and a cold. I find the old fears creaping in now, spending a lot of the night panicing about ms, or a horrible neurological disease. If I was feeling better, I would try and rationalise by considering a trapped nerve or muscular problem maybe, or nerve damage after c section, but I just can't let the horrors go, I'm so worried about it being something nasty that leaves me unable to care for my baby who needs me so much, and will continue to do so for so many years!
So my question is, what do you think this is, a genuine medical issue, my old friend ha coming back at a vulnerable time, just sleep deprivation, or maybe post natal depression?
Any thoughts before I go dashing to the doctors?