PDA

View Full Version : Lighting..eyes weird..anyone else feel this way?

looking4answers
27-11-06, 23:57
The sun was bright today.. now the clouds are rolling in and my eyes aren't adjusting to indoors..Outdoors even felt a little weird when i was outside.I have been using the computer all day and now I got outside and the light played tricks on my eyes making me feel a little weird and when i went inside I couldn't focus just right..it got better the more places I went in the more I was able to focus but it took a long time for me to focus finally..But my brain feels funny..Not sure how to describe it but just wierd..I had sinus issues today and yesterday and the other night..Just wondering if this could cause something like this..Also my eyes are bloodshot and look horrible and can't figure out why.. But does anyone else have problems focusing after being outside going in for awhile..? and things looking weird after being back inside..

jill
28-11-06, 13:13
Hi :D

When I was acute, what I found out is that I did not have to be in full blown panic for the flight or fight response to be there. This response was with me 24/7 I had some funny symptoms with my eyes, sensitive to light, coming in from bright light, it took time for my eyes to adjust. I would even notice any slight movment which used to frighten the life out of me.

Distorted vision
In order to prepare the body for impending danger, adrenaline release causes many physical changes. During the anxiety response the body prepares the eyes to notice any slight movements; it does this by dilating the pupils allowing more light to enter. This is why anxious people become more sensitive to bright light and often wear sunglasses to minimize the eyestrain it causes.

I don't get this symptoms that often anymore, but may get it if I have been out shopping for along time, walking my legs off around town going in and out of every shop. My eyes take time to adust to lights in the shop.For me now, this tells me I'm tired and its time to go home, hay, but not untill the shops shut LOL

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

PaladinX
29-11-06, 06:46
have you ever went outside like right before the sun goes down. That dusky dull weird lighting. That makes me feel weird for some reason. Ill feel like faintish Something about the light.

looking4answers
29-11-06, 14:37
Happens to me everyday.. it has been going on for a number of years..I ask the doctore about it and he said that my eyes were just getting worse..with age..It started this about 10 years ago and gets worse now that I live in a mountainous area where normally the sun gets super bright..and in the afternoon its gets blurry and dim like a shade being pulled down..as it does that believe it or not i can be at a very high altitude visiting friends and as it gets dim ... i get like a drunk feeling.I don't think that is anxiety ..its just normal aging of eyes but anxiety can really enchance it alot.. Take care...you are pretty normal..When it happens just ignore it and try to get where you can see soon if you are in a place that you need to be stable ..really though..its just worst if you concentrate on it..