PDA

View Full Version : Is it withdrawal or old symptoms returning?

purplepie
16-03-14, 18:16
Hi all, it has been a while since I posted as I have been feeling a little better. Four weeks ago I dropped down from 20mg clomipramine to 10 mg. I decreased from 35mg a good while ago without any ill effects but this time I am feeling on edge and not with it and not relaxed in company, symptoms I used to have before I ever started on tablets.
I am not sure if they are the return of old symptoms or withdrawal?
I have been on the lower dose for 4 weeks now.
I don't know whether or not to go back to two or try to bear it out and see how I feel in a couple of weeks....it is a horrible to have these feelings back and very frightening, it is spoiling the positives that had started happening in my life.

I never feel really right but I haven't felt this bad in a while :huh:

paula2876
16-03-14, 18:46
hi
I am currently withdrawing from paroxetine, took my last tablet last wednesday. I am definitely feeling as though im not with it and as though i have to really focus on every little thing, as for feeling on edge it could be withdrawal or could be your old symptoms creeping back. Are you planning on stopping medication or changing to a new one??? I am aware mine is withdrawal but if your symptoms are bothering you make an appointment with your doctor and see what they suggest. Best of luck

purplepie
16-03-14, 19:14
Hi Paula

I was hoping to come off them completely as I have been on meds for nearly 3 years. I know I am on a v low dose, so thought coming off would be ok but maybe I need that low dose?! I just get so down when I feel like that... it is exactly as you describe, having to really focus or everything. :weep:

paula2876
16-03-14, 20:32
I've been on meds for 15yrs. I had one period last year where i managed 2 months med free but due to the loss of my grandad everything spiraled and it has been the worst year ever. I you dont feel 100% comfortable I would consider continuing with the low dose a little longer, but at the end of the day you know yourself better than anybody else so it ultimately has to be your decision. Its hard but there is always hope, its just about trying to find the right individual balance.

purplepie
18-03-14, 20:09
Thanks for replying Paula

I went back to 2 tablets yesterday and hope it will stabilize me. What gets me down the most is that I need them and after a couple for years of being on them I seem to be no better coming down off them.....as if it is something I will always have :( Bit of a depressing thought in itself.

I will discuss with the Doc on my next catch up appt.

Good luck with your journey x

MyNameIsTerry
18-03-14, 22:47
I know when I came of citalopram it affected me mostly when I dropped the remaining dose, the half dose I went to first only caused mild issues for a few days.

So, it could be side affects but 4 weeks seems a long time to be feeling it.

If you came off them and it spiralled, it means you need to do more work. Medication only gives you some balance & control. I hadnt resolved my issues but my GP was pushing to come off them...within 6 months I rebounded.