PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain (Lungs)

channie009
16-03-14, 19:32
Okay i've come to the conclusion that the ammonia from my hair dye HAS done something to my chest.
On the left hand side of my chest there is a dull ache that occasionally hurts a little more but its not really that painful.

I can breath fine, that's not an issue but the ache is there and i'm not sure what to do.

Is it something that could pass or is it best I go see someone about it?
Will it turn bad if I leave it?

I need advice.

nomorepanic
16-03-14, 19:54
I would see how you are tomorrow then if you are no better see the doctor.

Did you read the replies to your other post about this?

Maybe stick to one thread about it.

Fishmanpa
17-03-14, 00:17
Have you spoken to your parents or a student counselor about your fears Channie? That may be a place to start.

Positive thoughts

mbarger33
18-03-14, 06:28
did you know chest pain can be caused by muscle strain?

if you were doing your hair its possible that having the hands up over and all over the place you could have made the "minor pectorals" sore.

i used to suffer from chest pains like you describe until a friend of mine suggested i youtube a massage video on self minor pectoral. i did it for 2 days and my chest pains were gone.

they are 3 muscles that are under the chest muscle you feel.. they connect from the collar bone to the lower rib cage on the outer part of the ribs, which can cause a reference type pain. rolled shoulders are a sign of this strain..

im not a doctor but it seems if you can breathe ok its probably not a lung issue. give a few days try to work that muscle, and if it doesn't improve see a doc.

anthrokid
18-03-14, 08:45
A lot of anxiety sufferers do actually suffer from that dull ache in the left side of the chest area, just as you described. Obviously, it sends most of them into panic because, of course, it is in that same general region as your lungs and other vitals. However, that dull ache is generally caused by tension and muscle strain due to anxiety. Unfortunately, it can take on a vicious cycle. Chest hurts from anxiety --> anxiety about chest pain --> chest hurts more from anxiety --> more anxiety about chest pain, etc.

If you'd done damage to your lungs, you'd be having trouble breathing - it would likely burn to breathe and you'd be doing a fair amount of coughing. If you are still really worried about it, it's best to check in with your GP. They'll be able to identify the region of the pain and what causes it, and how best to manage or treat it :)