PDA

View Full Version : i dont know if i can call this progress

kurtis1990
16-03-14, 19:40
So bassically my panic levels have come down. I'm not pulse checking or running to the doctors everyday. I wish I could say that was because I am now symptom free but the truth is I have just accepted my fate. There is no point trying to get any doctor to take me seriously anymore and I'm currently in the process of going threw PALS as I feel my hospital neglected me. (During my stay there I had several falls accompanying chest pain. Whilst on the floor and they ask what's wrong and I reply my chest hurts they would either give me a bewilderd look. Tell me I was being silly and one nurse actually left me laying there!. They tried fobbing me of it being down to a change in diet. And my discharge notes didn't mention chest pain once.) My problem is i hate confrontation. I was brought up to have good manners and not to be aggressive and if I have nothing nice to sat don't say it. So o think they must think well he's not kicking up much of a fuss he must be ok. Ugh I'm just sick of it. My anxiety is stemming from a deep belife that I have something wrong with my conary arterys. And I have the symptoms and family history to warrant being taken seriously yet I'm not. I know I've had ecgs and echo and bloods. But neither of them are useful in diagnosing it. I'm just so tired of fighting...I have no energy to try any get help anymore. I just can't go on

saab
16-03-14, 20:43
From your other posts I recall that you have had pretty much all the tests that would check out your heart. The only ones left are invasive ones like an angiogram and they would not do that because coronary disease would be ultra rare in someone your age.

Part of overcoming anxiety is acceptance - acceptance of life as it is, right now, acceptance of our bodies, imperfect as they are, acceptance of all the feelings and sensations we get. If you have come to accept your aches and pains, even though it is acceptance that comes from 'giving up', then it could be the start of recovery.

We all want a cast iron 100% guarantee that we are not ill, but no one can give us that. I don't think any doctor would be able to convince you that there is nothing wrong with you. You have had all the relevant tests, which would surely have identified a heart problem. I think you have to find a way to accept that your heart is fine, whilst coming to terms with the fact that there are no guarantees for any of us.

MRS STRESS ED
16-03-14, 21:13
Kurtis Saab is exactly right it's all about acceptance until you can do this you won't get better , but by the sound of it you have alot of stress because of the hospital and remember you have got an illness it's called anxiety and it can take along time to put it right but don't give up keep fighting x

kurtis1990
16-03-14, 21:26
Thank you both for the kind words. It really raises my spirts :)

Fishmanpa
16-03-14, 21:34
Kurtis,

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I've responded to several of your other posts. You're my son's age. I'm not a doctor but I can confidently say you don't have anything wrong with your heart based on the fact that you've had tests and seen more doctors than many see at twice your age. And I have news for you, based on your age, bloods, EKGs and an Echo would show any abnormalities that would warrant further testing.

My son is in Florida training for Spirit Airlines, living his dream! You're literally waiting for your life to end due to a non-existent condition? Sorry to be so blunt but that's what's going on. It's time you grab the bull by the horns, suck it up and get some help with your anxiety! Life is about choices and it's one thing to worry about "What If's". It's another to never take a step for the same reason.

It's my hope that you choose to step off the edge and live. The worst that can happen by stepping off the deep end is that you get a little wet. You know how to swim and there are towels in the closet.

Positive thoughts