PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever stop worrying

dac0273
16-03-14, 21:39
Will I ever stop worrying

Hi this is the first time I've posted on a forum but feel like I need some help .

I'm constantly thinking I'm going to have stroke or heart attack , I've suffered with anxiety for years and take 10mg propronolol often but lately I've really become increasing worried about my health , I've had 2 ecg,s , blood tests and all fine but I keep getting pain in my shoulder and arm and convinced I'm going to have heart attack I've been wanting to go to a& e all week and get another ecg as the doctor will not give me another one as it was 2012 when I last had one.

At the moment I'm thinking I may have a stroke as I've got a head ache .

And my heads burning .

Help I'm really suffering

RoseEve
16-03-14, 21:50
I have a headache most days. Headaches are a common anxiety symptom. The fact that you said it is burning suggests it is a tension headache. If the hospital won't give you more tests it is for one reason, that you are fine and in good health.

Fishmanpa
16-03-14, 22:25
Hi Dac,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( Here's the thing, and the main thing... If in fact there was something serious happening, you wouldn't be here on an internet forum seeking advice. You'd be in the ER by now I'm pretty sure. The disclaimer is I'm not a doctor but it's been well over an hour since you posted and you're still here so that says something right?

There are many routes to take in treating your anxiety and one that's free is the CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665) course offered here. Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts