PDA

View Full Version : BDD male breast

heavymind
28-11-06, 07:50
Hi,
My weight is 89kgs and my height is 173cms. I am overweight so. I have fat accumlation in the cheast and it makes me feel very bad. I am not sure if it is gynecomastia, or just some fat accumlation because of overweight. When I look in the mirror, that too when not at home, say in a Gym, dormitory etc, I instantaneouly get an anxiety. Suddenly something changes and the brain sinks. I think it goes into a little bit of DR out of the anxiety.

I will be glad to listen to anybody else who may have the same or similar problem and also on how to improve. I want to be able to confidently be bare cheasted with out worriing what others think, when I have to, like when going outings, to homes of close relatives etc...

I have alway hidden my cheast because its something that makes me very anxious.

asdf

Chopper
28-11-06, 08:36
Morning,

'bitch tits' as they're called in the bodybuilding world are often the result of steroid use so I have to ask the question "are you using gear?"

You mention the gym so it's logical to assume you work out? What chest exercises do you do? The core one is bench press but there are also dumbell flyes and presses, dips, press-ups, cable cross-overs etc. etc. etc. so don't feel distraught about your sagging tits, do something about them!

Stop feeling sorry about the way you look, lose some weight and work out more, Fat Boy!![}:)]

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

heavymind
28-11-06, 10:34
I dont do any heavy exercises. I only jog in the Gym and I never have used any steroids or any such. I have always been overweight since childhood. Now the most important concern of mine, is not even to reduce the breast, it is to reduce the anxiety as a result of it. I do regular jogs and I have lost 5 kgs in the last 1.5 months and I will continue to do this. However I want to be more confident and loose the fear of what people think and be able to do the things everybody does without thinking... Its hard to say everything, really...

asdf

Chopper
28-11-06, 10:44
5 kilos in six weeks, that's great, well done.[^]

I hate aerobic/cardiovascular work and prefer tha anerobic, barbell/dumbell training.

Why not add in a few press-ups or bench-presses before or after your run to target your problem area?

Some body conscious people actualy expose their supposed weak points e.g. calves, arms, midrift to motivate themselves to attack their shortcomings. I'm not suggesting you get your man-boobs out in public but perhaps if you wore a vest in the gym you might stir yourself into working that little harder?

'Chopper'

yorkylover
28-11-06, 10:47
Hi heavy mind,sorry your feeling so low.My fella has put on loads of wieght since I met him.I still love him to bits.I dont expect you have male breasts,its probably just excess wieght pet.Dont put yourself down.
;)Its not always that easy to lose wieght.
Ellen XX

trac67
28-11-06, 13:08
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Stop feeling sorry about the way you look, lose some weight and work out more, Fat Boy!! </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

WOAH thats very harsh [V]

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Chopper
28-11-06, 13:13
Harsh but fair Trac', harsh but fair.

I know knocks to confidence are the last thing 'us lot' need but sometimes mild denigration is a useful tool in motivation. Agreed?

I'm sure our new friend will keep us abreast [Ugh] of developments[Oops!].

'Chopper'

trac67
28-11-06, 13:26
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Harsh but fair Trac', harsh but fair.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Nooo comments like that can really affect a low self esteem sufferer.

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
28-11-06, 13:32
Hi heavymind.

Don't be embarrassed about your body. We all have something we want to change about ourselves.

Do you suffer with BDD? Sometimes BDD sufferers see something that others don't as I am sure you are aware.

Certainly some specific exercises at the gym will help tone up those muscles - make sure you ask someone there which specific bits of equipment will help you and make sure they show you how to use them and for how long.

Chopper - your comments were way out of order and I cringed reading them. Do you think they were useful atall? Do you know anything about BDD. How can you say it is fair when you don't even know this person. Throw-away comments like those can be very harmful to someone especially if their confidence is low as it is.

Heavymind - I would ignore choppers comments if I was you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

sophieunderscore
28-11-06, 13:59
Hi Heavymind

I read this post and felt like I needed to respond.

Firstly do you know if you have BDD? If so you need to address this and in the process your problems about your chest. I would really reccomend seeing a doctor as quite often in BDD sufferers even if you do get your chest "flat" or however you'd like it to be, you still wouldn't be happy, I think it's very important to look at your thought processes before actually looking to change the physical - of course you should still exercise etc.

This will sound quite personal but do you have a partner and do you feel comfortable in front of them? Also you mention you don't feel comofrtable in a gym or dorm... is it the anxiety about other people seeing your chest? Are you comfortable with it when it's just you?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense

*big hugs*

Sophie

yorkylover
28-11-06, 14:12
I agree with Trac here chopper your post was a bit harsh,its the sort of thing that does affect self esteem.If it had been said to me I would have been really upset.

Ellen XX

heavymind
28-11-06, 15:38
I did meet a doc once, he wasnt too familier with Gynecomastia and could not tell whether it was just fat accumlation of gynecomastia. I guess its not BDD(probably, I dont know), since I actually have fat up there. (I feel a strage feeling, when I type this too, a feel of embr).

Its because of anxiety of other people seeing me when in a dorm. When its just me, I dont constantly worry about it, but do look at the mirror(sort of most days) and try to think whether it looks too much like breast or is it just on the borderline.

When I was in my 10th std, I was abused(I guess thats probably the right word, couldnt find a simpler term) by a few other kids in the class and that the reason(I think) for my anxiety. I have improved a great deal, to actually be able to use a Gym these days. I used to be worried people would laugh at me, because of (blah blah blah)

I used to avoid outings to places that had waterfalls or watersport, for fear I might have to be bare chested and people would embr me. Its the worst fear of mine.

So much more.... Now I have to go visit my fiance the next weekend and that has its own worries, which I feel a little ackwrd to explain clearly..

asdf

heavymind
28-11-06, 15:47
no the doc said yes it is gynm, but my prev post suggsts, i dnt wnno believ it. With exercise it is reducing....

asdf

Chopper
28-11-06, 15:53
Afternoon Mate,

I'm not an advocate of invasive surgery but it's not uncommon for men who have, even self-perceived, issues with their bodies to consider cosmetic surgery.

Among the most popular are, I believe, implants to the calves and pectorals.

But the gym work you're doing sounds like it's going well so persevere, and just think of the positive feeling exercise will bring.

Good luck.

'Chopper'

ksmith
28-11-06, 20:42
Hi Heavymind

One of my son's has gynecomastia. He has always had enlarged male breasts, even as a small child. This has made it difficult for him, particularly through school, to participate in sport, especially swimming.

We have mentioned it to the doctor who insisted that if my son lost weight his male 'breasts' would diminish. This is not the case as my son duly lost weight only for this 'breasts' to look even larger. Gynecomastia can often be a result of excess glandular tissue, not simply 'fat'. We are now looking at surgery as he is finding it so upsetting. Be assured, gynecomastia is not a weight issue so if this has been diagnosed I'm afraid the gym or weight loss might be of little use.

Try not to focus too much on your bad points!!

Kay x

heavymind
04-12-06, 10:09
I wonder if it might be between BDD and actual. I had been on an outing and I was able to keep anxiety away and be calm while being with bare chest. Interestingly nobody was starring at me, nor the other friend with whom I had been on the outing make any comment. My brain must be over exaggerating

asdf

Chopper
04-12-06, 10:31
Well done!

Bare chested in December? Brrrrrrrh!![8D]

How's your gym work progressing? Training hard I hope?

Keep it going and by the time the Summer comes around again you'll be proud to show off those pecs.

'Chopper'

heavymind
06-12-06, 05:23
Its summer where I am , I am not in UK presently. I used to be in UK a year back..

asdf

heavymind
16-01-07, 05:08
I was 92.6 kgs, now I am 86.8 kgs. Had been really regular with exercises. My height is 173 cms, which means I can be upto say 78-80. My "thing" has really reduced, but it still is big enough. In hindu weddings, men stand bare chested and my mind freezes when I am bare chested. Its the adrenaline. This morning it froze when I looked at myself on the mirror at the Gym. There is some 20-25 days for wedding. Its a big event in India, with more than 200-300 people attending. I dont want to risk surgery with such short time left. I have I think only one option, which is to hope I can handle my heavy-frozen-mind during the wedding.

Please advise.

asdf

heavymind
16-01-07, 05:30
When my mind is frozen, its hard as ice. It just comes to a complete halt, some kind of an internal block.
I have eyes, but they cant see
I have ears, but they cant hear
I speak, but the words arent mine.

By not hear and not see, I meant, what I hear and what I see doesnt register, my mind is in a different world. It just cant think. Its stuck. It want to run away, if possible. The moment it runs aways, it starts slowly relaxing.

The effects are bad, it wastes major portion of my day...

asdf

heavymind
16-01-07, 15:06
Evening I went and had a look at it, its actually reduced a lot. It doesnt look like "it" anymore completely, but it still does to some extent. Evening I have realaxed today. I guess its clear BDD. My mind seems to have an exaggerated picture. How to get over with this PLEASE...

asdf