PDA

View Full Version : Blip

Scoobydoo1
17-03-14, 10:59
After 12 months on cit and doing real good I've found that after a bad eye injury the old horrid thoughts and habits have crept back again, not as bad as my first time round , but sitting around and doing nothing made me feel like I was going down again to the point I have. Could or should I up my cit to 40mg or hope it rides out? Any advice pls

Marty_67
17-03-14, 12:39
Hi Scooby.

This strikes a chord with me. I have been on Cit for about 3.5 months now and generally I was feeling much, much better.

However, I have been suffering with a cold for the last 1-2 weeks and this has really dragged me down a bit. I am hoping this is just a natural 'down' and I am hoping that things pick up when I feel better.

What's your current dose of Cit?

venusbluejeans
17-03-14, 13:31
I guess it depends on how long you have been feeling like you have really and what you have tried to make yourself feel 'better'

you need to try the basics of trying to get out more, telling yourself that it is just your brain being silly, distracting yourself etc and then see if you feel any better.

Then maybe if you do feel no better after that go to the drs and talk about upping your dose of Cit, they may have another option for you to try before you do.

remember when you up your dose you will have the side effects of the meds getting into your system (not as hard as the first time) so it is a case of working out the pro's and cons of upping your dose.

First ..... Self help (if you haven't already) , second - Drs
Good luck

Scoobydoo1
17-03-14, 14:14
I'm on 30 and was doing fine, think we will always have something running around in the back of our minds but I was coping good, life was good , then after me accident felt myself dropping down , now I don't want o leave the house again, work is a real struggle and I am getting all the voices in my brain telling me crap that I know ain't really there, I spend all day alone until 3 when I go to work so I guess this could not be helping, but I need to feel better to go out and need to go out to feel better. I had a fantastic Saturday because I made myself do things( not alone) but by tea time I was me again , only to find Sunday, whack back down again. Don't want to really up my cit as 4 weeks ago this dose was working great. I've phoned up for more councelling , did help last time. But I hate this feeling, thought it had all gone... Thanks for listening

Marty_67
17-03-14, 22:14
Scooby, reading some CBT also helped me.

I also get those crappy voices from time to time trying to convince me about stuff that just isn't there. The best medicine as Venus says above is to go and do something to keep you busy. On Sunday I mowed our lawn, cleared a load of rubbish and then worked on my car! The only downside was that after all that activity I was plain knackered out! :)

It is really hard, I (rather stupidly) thought things were all sorted a couple of weeks ago but I realise now that I do need to look after myself and watch out for those demons that sometimes do make an appearance.

Look after yourself and stay in touch