PDA

View Full Version : Posted in the past, but just don't know if it's anxiety or not, urination issues

Leslie735
17-03-14, 12:58
I've posted a couple of threads in the past about my fear of interstitial cystitis. It completely terrifies me! It all started in December with what I think, maybe, a UTI. I went to see my Dr. but my sample (dip stick office test) was clean but put me on antibiotics anyway. I felt better but still had the feeling of needing to urinate after going. That is when I started googling and read about interstitial cystitis and totally got freaked out! Anyway, so fast forward to end of February, I finally went to see a urogynecologist. They are very well known around here so I felt in good hands. She did a pelvic exam and took a urine sample by catheter (ouch!) and it came back clean. She didn't feel the need to do any further tests. I brought up my fear and she said "you don't have that, you don't want that diagnosis." She told me to come in a month if I was still having problems. So anyway, I've read about urination with anxiety but I just don't know. I can be feeling completely normal, no problems at all, go use the restroom and come out with the feeling of still needing to go. The feeling will usually pass within about 20-45 minutes usually. It doesn't happen every time I need to go, I can go a week without it at all then have several days where I do. It totally comes and goes. Do you think it's anxiety causing this? I wouldn't necessary say I have frequency because (unless I'm drinking a lot of water) I can go every 2-3 hours. I don't think it's really urgency either but it doesn't feel like an emergency when I do need to go either. So I'm not sure what I'm feeling and what is causing it. All I know it has me completely upside scared. :weep:

Also, I did go see my OB/GYN at the end of December for my yearly check up, that was normal and I also had a vaginal ultrasound on my uterus/ovaries and that was normal as well. I've noticed that the symptoms tend to come around during ovulation.

Leslie735
17-03-14, 17:26
Anyone??

RoseEve
17-03-14, 17:40
During ovulation I unrinate a lot. I once went 3 times in an hour. When I'm anxious I go more. I definately go more than normal. I've had 2 large children. Bottom line if the doctor said you don't have it then you don't. What I do when I get a fear that I can't let go I don't stop myself from thinking it I welcome it. I would say okay if I have IC then what? Would I die? No. Would it be hard to adapt to it? Yes. Could I live through it and still be happy? Yes.

Leslie735
17-03-14, 17:50
During ovulation I unrinate a lot. I once went 3 times in an hour. When I'm anxious I go more. I definately go more than normal. I've had 2 large children. Bottom line if the doctor said you don't have it then you don't. What I do when I get a fear that I can't let go I don't stop myself from thinking it I welcome it. I would say okay if I have IC then what? Would I die? No. Would it be hard to adapt to it? Yes. Could I live through it and still be happy? Yes.

Thank you for responding! When you say you went 3 times in a hour, are you actually going or just feeling like you need to?

RoseEve
17-03-14, 17:57
Id pee out a little. I can always go.

Leslie735
17-03-14, 18:10
Yea, I can to but the sensation is just different. Its like when you have a UTI and you have that urge to go. I get that mildly but it subsides after about 20-45 minutes and I go back to feeling normal until the next time it occurs. It can happen once in a day, several times or none at all.

RoseEve
17-03-14, 18:47
I really think it's because you are focusing on it.

Leslie735
17-03-14, 19:18
Possibly. But why would some days I feel completely normal no issues at all, and my focus and anxiety is the same? That is what confuses me. Good example, all through the weekend, no problems, all day so far felt great, but my anxiety was high. I was evening googling today. Just went to the bathroom and I have the urge to go again. :(