PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety and Pregnancy

JenniiPenny
17-03-14, 16:59
Hiya... Im wondering if anyone has any advice..

Since my son was born 9 years ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. I found it hard to fall pregnant, it took me 5/6 years to fall pregnant with my daughter and I developed gestational diabetes but it went away when the my daughter was born.

6 months ago I suffered a miscarriage and thats when the anxiety attacks started. Ive had almost every test going including blood tests, ECG, Pelvic ultrasound, smear ect, all came back normal. Thyroid came back slightly low but normal (re-test in a year) Ive had every symptom under the sun and im constantly self checking. I feel ill everyday, I get dizzy and I worry about my heart. Palpitations are so scary to me, and im always concentrating on my heart rate. Ive refused medication because they give me bad side affects and id rather overcome this naturally.

Yesterday I took a pregnancy test because im 2 weeks late and it came back positive. Im apparently 6 weeks today. Now I have new worries. Im getting sharp pains and worrying if Im gonna have a miscarriage again. Im thinking im probably gonna get gestational diabetes again and this time it might not go away after the birth. My heart rate was quite fast and blood pressure was high towards the end of my last pregnancy. Im just worrying so much. Im worried all this stress on my body will affect the baby. I wake up shaking and trembling inside everyday and I never used to. Im currently having CBT therapy. Has anyone ever been through pregnancy with health anxiety? How did you cope etc?

RoseEve
17-03-14, 17:30
Yes I have. I had my son less than 2 years ago. I also had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. The diabetes went away both times. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I thought with both my children I would miscarriage. I watched a scary movie and I had terrible pain after I was convinced I would miscarry but I didn't. My OB assured me anxiety would not harm the baby and I didn't. In fact right now he is running around and wrestling with his sister. Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Natalie2389
18-03-14, 20:34
hi jenny im 11 weeks pregnant with pcos and health anxiety and I to am an emotional wreck as I have suffered a miscarriage, I have a 6 year old and devolped pcos after her. I have my scan fri and am so nervous somethings wrong. also pains are normal its just your body preparing for the pregnancy. congratulations and good luck. private message me if you ever want to chat.