PDA

View Full Version : Just got my official diagnosis...

clover1201
17-03-14, 22:49
Hi guys

Just thought I'd let you know my Dr rang this morning to say that he had recieved a letter from the consultant diagnosing me with Crohns. The consultant did tell me that's what he suspected from the start and colonoscopy showed ulcers and inflammation in terminal ileium so it hasn't come as a surprise. I'm pleased its nothing worse but gutted that this will be with me for life. I didn't fancy having a chronic disease really but hey ho that's how it goes, no point moaning about it! It how you deal with what your thrown, not what your thrown, that makes you :)

Hope everyone has had a good day x

Fishmanpa
17-03-14, 22:57
Well one thing is for sure Clover, while yes, it's a difficult ailment, it's not your worst fear and is quite treatable/manageable. Another thing for sure that stress aggravates it so learning to control your anxiety and employing techniques to reduce your overall stress levels will benefit you greatly.

Sorry you have to deal with this but you have the right attitude. "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we handle it" Charles Swindoll

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
17-03-14, 23:48
I have Crohn's if you want to chat clover