PDA

View Full Version : Been doing really well and now LYMPH NODES GRRR!

MartMart22
18-03-14, 09:45
Hey guys,

Basically I found a lump in my groin that wasn't visible but you could definitely feel it I went to the doctor and she sent me for an ultrasound I went and pointed to the exact place it was and she said it was a lymph node that only measure 0.9mm and that it wasn't even inflamed. When I left I was very happy and over the next few weeks I felt alot better less worry etc. but every now and then i'd have a feel to check it, it got smaller but is definitely still there and now i can feel a smaller lump right next to it I also get some pain there as if i can feel it. Obviously being anxious i check it alot and push it quite alot and probably quite hard has anyone experienced anything like this ? and could me pushing on it etc cause the pain or even the small lump next to it ? any ides would be much appreciated.

Oh and I don't have any other symptoms except suffering from what I think is slight depersonalisation.

Thanks!

RoseEve
18-03-14, 16:14
I am currently thinking about my sons lymph nodes at the moment. He has one that you can really feel behind his right ear. Yesterday I started feeling around behind the left ear and I could feel one. It is much smaller but it's there. I've had the doctor feel the other one like 3 times he said that it was nothing. Here is the bottom line, we associate lymph nodes with cancer. However lymph nodes are a part of our body. Do you freak out when you feel your ribs under your skin? No. Lymph nodes that are less than 1 cm, are movable and not rock hard are normal lymph nodes we all have. Some people can feel their nodes, some people can't. Unless these nodes swell significantly or become rock hard then they not of concern.