PDA

View Full Version : How do you change care manager?

Round in circles
18-03-14, 20:02
I'm in the process of getting funding for support to go out more. I have a care manager who's supposed to be helping with the process, only she couldn't be doing any less to help. Mum helps me with "business" stuff, and around 4 to 5 months ago she contacted the care manager to find out the amount I'd be expected to pay in weekly contributions.

Months went by with no answer despite phone calls and emails. Eventually someone at Carer's Link contacted her on our behalf and got a reply the very same day! We were asked for copies of bank statements which we handed in that day. It's been another month and I still don't know if I'll be able to afford this or not.

Additionally, we have since had some advice from a different organisation about what can and cannot be funded, and it directly contradicts what we were told by said care manager. I want to get a different person only I have no idea who to contact to make that happen. I know mum won't help me do that as she's more concerned about causing anyone offence, so I need to figure out how to do it only I'm clueless about this stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Extra info: I can't remember the name of the new thing. It used to be direct payments. It's whatever's replaced that, and the care manager is from the social work dept.