PDA

View Full Version : Im new and in a bit of a health anxiety mess

Wackers34
19-03-14, 10:35
:scared15:

Hi i usually spend most of the time on fibro / cfs forums as that is what the doc thinks i have...

However I think all this started from bad health anxiety...in fact I still think most of it is anxiety and not the actual illness!

I have convinced myself over the last year of being sick, that I have had cancer, (due to enlarged lymphs), some neurological disorder, (due to twitching) and some insomnia deadly disorder, (due to horrible insomnia!)

I have many many symptoms - the enlarged lymphs and sore throat remain...bacterial tests show no problem, i have seen ENT and they cant find a problem, i have had MRI on brain and no problem, yet i still worry about every little thing

I have fast heart rate - so I must have POTS ...I have low blood pressure and fatigue (so must have addisons) i have twitching and jerking, so must have MS, have terrible fatigue so must have ME...i find it all so mind boggling
i have aches and pains so must have fibromyalgia

I prob do have CFS / ME as i do seem to keep getting viral illnesses and i have a lot of the symptoms, doc doesnt understand and has tried me on many meds to try and treat the symptoms

I am currentlly on nortriptyline - just changed from amitriptyline, i have been on citralopram, duloxetine and mitrazapine and diazepam all in last year...have tried propanonol, melatonin for sleep, sleep tablets, everything...I am convinced i have some deadly insomnia thing! and yet my parents are still alive..I am unable to nap during the day as my brain is so wired

I get anywhere from 1 - 5 hours sleep a night, whcih leaves me constantly exhausted! I have had to give up work and i look after my 2 little kids...this is plaguing me...everyday all day i am on net looking for answers

I have tried 2 types of counselling but not yet CBT

Does anyone have any advice for me

Im in a mess and need reassuring

LunaLiuna
19-03-14, 10:54
:welcome: Wackers! Great name by the way :)

This may sound hard but the first thing you should do is to stop looking online.

Also here read this, it's written by a member on this forum: http://nothingworks.weebly.com/

I'm sure many others will hop in for some advice!

Have a great day :)

Tanner40
19-03-14, 11:19
Wackers, CBT has been extremely helpful for me in dealing with my irrational thoughts surrounding health anxiety. There is a great course online that is free that I use. give it a go and see if it helps.

Wackers34
19-03-14, 11:40
that sounds great - thanks for your responses so far...

Do you have a link for that course? It is something I have been meaning to try

Does it sound like health anxiety to you? I just tried having a nap on the sofa - as I am so shattered today and my eyes are flickering around all over the place and won't even shut...It might be worth mentioning I came off amitriptyline a week ago and swapped to nortriptyline, so i wonder if its withdrawl or side effects also to play

Wackers34
19-03-14, 18:12
i think at the moment what is really scaring me, is the thought of having throat / mouth cancer - i have had terrible sore throat for months now and at moment its got so bad its affecting my voice, it feels like i have shards of glass in there and i also have swollen lymph glands all around that area
I was checked out at ENT about 6 months ago for lymphoma as my glands just never seem to go down - this was clear - but at the time my throat wasnt so bad and didnt get it checked - now im thinking i need to go back

I hate all these symptoms :(