PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium Glycinate

calmiah
19-03-14, 14:57
Good afternoon, looking for a bit of advice if I can? I have had an anxiety disorder for a year now, never took any prescribed medication but did start daily mindfulness meditation and deep breathing routines along with reducing alcohol intake.

So far this has reduced the attacks significantly but I still get shortness of breath, chest pains etc, I don't panic anymore and these pass quickly thanks I think to the mindfulness practice.

I have however wanted to try magnesium glycinate for a while but am clueless as to where to buy in UK, I stay away from H&B and usually buy any vitamins from Healthspan but alas they don't sell it!

I have come across this can anyone with experience tell me if this will do the job? - http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/magnesium-bisglycinate-tablets.html?view=ppc&dpc=ZPL10&msg=New%20customer?%20Get%2010%25%20off%20your%20f irst%20Bulk%20Powders%20order&view=ppc&gclid=CPbSuonqnr0CFWjKtAodiRIAMQ

Thanks

Humly
21-03-14, 14:20
Hi. I've just bought magnesium 150mg from H&B and on the ingredients it says magnesium bisglycinate so I'm assuming its the same thing.

calmiah
21-03-14, 14:38
Hi there, I emailed the supplier with the following answer, don't suppose they were going to say its crap but all I have to go on, I ordered anyway so hoping its ok

"Magnesium Bisglycinate is superior to Magnesium Glycinate and other forms of magnesium. The addition of another glycine molecule increases the bioavailability of the magnesium making it more absorbent and allows the body to utilise the magnesium better"

As I say I am far from an expert on this but are the H&B ones only 150mg / 40% rda, of which the bisglycinate makes up a part of that? Are you planning to take 2 a day?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Round in circles
21-03-14, 18:31
I don't know about magnesium glycinate, but there's always good old Epsom salts which is magnesium sulfate.

calmiah
21-03-14, 19:02
I don't know about magnesium glycinate, but there's always good old Epsom salts which is magnesium sulfate.

I did try that but didnt get much joy, think the shower wasn't hit enough..:D

Round in circles
21-03-14, 19:49
I've never tried it in a shower. It's good in a bath, or a foot bath if baths aren't your thing.

Humly
22-03-14, 10:42
Hi. Yes I am taking two a day. Its early days yet but I'm hopeful as I've heard good things about magnesium.