PDA

View Full Version : Long time since I've been here.

overhead_drums
19-03-14, 15:36
Hello all,

Its been a long time since I have been on this website, I found it so helpful before when I was suffering from major health anxiety but with a mixture of Fluoxetine and CBT managed to overcome it and haven't felt anxiety in nearly two years.

However...

Recently my wife gave birth to out first child which should be a happy occasion. Although I am feeling mainly panic, regret and fear over the whole situation. My anxiety sky rockets in the evening when I believe that sleep will be interrupted and crying will follow.

I have been to my GP and upped my dose of fluoxetine to 40mg's a day, probably been on this dose for about 10 days now and can't say I'm feeling much better. Also started more CBT yesterday as i need to get myself sorted for my wife and my daughter.

If anyone has experience of going through a similar situation to this (especially male) I would love to chat, I know all these feelings are natural for a new father but my anxiety magnifies them significantly to the point I feel that i will never be able to cope...

Thanks for nomorepanic.co.uk members for helping before, I need you again.

Thank you.

MrAndy
19-03-14, 18:00
Hello OD I suffered a nervous breakdown over a similar situation with my daughter so understand your pain
pm me if you want to chat

overhead_drums
20-03-14, 21:03
Hello OD I suffered a nervous breakdown over a similar situation with my daughter so understand your pain
pm me if you want to chat

Thanks for the reply. I had my second session of CBT today and it went well. I've also had quite a good day, I hope thats the meds kicking in :D