PDA

View Full Version : shortness of breath

gregcool
19-03-14, 16:50
Hi guys..all day today iv not been able to get a full breath in my lungs...dont feel anxious about anything nothing on my mind.only been today..any advice

cloudbusting
19-03-14, 17:07
Hiya

Daft question, probably but have you tried breathing OUT first before taking a breath in ? Do a sigh of breath out and then take in a breath for four ... Hold for four ... Then out for five. Try that a few times.

Lisa x

Virgo1986
19-03-14, 17:11
Hi Gregcool,

I get this all the time, sometimes when i'm tired it seems to get worse. I get to the point where i am constantly yawning to try and fill my lungs up with enough air which then makes me dizzy lol.

The only thing i can say is if you were not getting enough oxygen you would feel either really dizzy and faint. I can totally sympathise though as this happens a lot to me, the only way i tend to get over it is to tell myself that if i was really short of breath my body would tell me aka i'd be passed out on the floor :D

See how it is tomorrow but mine has usually miraculously gone the next day.

EnoughAlready
19-03-14, 22:48
I also get this and do the yawning thing, I have got used to it now. I also get a funny symptom where for a split second I go to take a breathe but nothing happens then it's ok again, unnerving but again got used to it now

gregcool
19-03-14, 23:10
Thanks guys.ill see how i feel tomorow..its only been today so hope tomorw im back to norm