PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats and muscular pain?

SianChristie
19-03-14, 19:17
Hi everyone, I've just joined and this is my first post :)
I've been suffering with anxiety for some time, and am currently on 10mg propranolol 3 times daily. Anyway, I've always had palpitations but since Friday I have been getting skipped beats almost constantly, they're awful and the meds don't seem to be helping :( I'm booked in for an ECG and bloods on friday, I had one done just over a year ago and all was clear, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm just going to drop dead at any second! I've mentally said goodbye to my kids so many times, It's just heartbreaking :(
I'm trying to find some kind of physical cause of these skipped beats, and was wondering if muscular pain could cause them? I had a baby 8 weeks ago, so have been holding her, and myself differently after being pregnant and my neck and back are really sore, also the palps stop when I lie down which I suppose would support this theory?
I suppose I'm just struggling to accept that anxiety can have such physical symptoms, and was looking for other peoples experiences of this.
Sorry for rambling! Useless at things like this lol! :blush:
xx

Annie0904
19-03-14, 23:01
Hi welcome to nmp :) anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms. I am sure you will get the reassurane you need when you get the ecg.