PDA

View Full Version : Itchy sore earzzzzzzzzzz!!

diamondz
28-11-06, 17:27
Hi....:D
Just wondered if anyone has or knows about what my itchy painfull ears might be caused by[?]
I feels like i've stuffed something really far into my ear and damaged inside of it?
have been to the drs and they don't seem to know what it might be.
I wonder if i might of caught a germ from holiday from the swimming pools?
No pain killers seem to do anything?
It's driving me mad as I don't sleep every well with the pain.:(:(
:(
Any info on this pls
JO

LickeyEndBlues
28-11-06, 18:17
Hi Diamondz

I couldn't believe it when I just saw this!! Short answer is YES!! And you have just described the symptoms perfectly.

I have had problems on and off through this year, first with left then right. I have been to the docs and they say they aren't sure why, but felt it was a fungal infection of the outer ear canal. I was given anitbiotic drops and whilst they eventually cleared it, and it took about 10-12 days and was painful, I still think there is something wrong!

In the long distant past I have had problems as a result of rugby injuries and I wondered if that was a contributory factor, but that was ruled out.

Also, our kids picked up an ear infection in Turkey and that was down to the swimming pool...that infection happened almost immediately and it took a few months for it to properly clear. But I havent been swimming or anywhere near Turkey!!)

My other concern with it is at times it really deepens my feeling of depersonalisation where it feels like I have my ear stuffed or ready to pop. In those situations I have to leave any noise source!

No answer, but strangely we are not alone!!

Take care and let me know how you get on.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

mazz
28-11-06, 20:36
me has itchy ears too ???????????

hjm70
29-11-06, 12:00
OMG!! i get this too my ears itch inside like crazy and feel sore when i try to scratch them