PDA

View Full Version : Infomation on how to cope with Ectopic beats

stormanmoomoo
19-03-14, 20:57
Hi i'm Ash,
I'm wondering wether anyone can give me any pointers on how to deal with Ectopic beats, I usually lead a very active lifestyle (I have horses) and since last the middle of january I've had Ectopics everyday, I guess i'm a really bad hyperchondriac cahse I've read that their usually ok but when I went to the doctors they said it was highly unusual for my age (i'm 19) these problems have all stemmed from a fall I had off a horse last august and had abit of head trauma (I was airlifted but later discharged without checks) and simce then I've had really bad anxiety but the ectopics came about after a really bad panic attack that I literally thought was a heart attack and ever since then they've happened everyday. Their seriously scaring me now cause I daren't do anything at all even see to my horses or do anything sexual cause my heart feels like a balloon popping every time I exert myself, and with me owning horses if I dont go feed them i'm liable for neglect, i'm literally at my wits end and I need something that will help me lead a normal, healthy and happy life again :(

nomorepanic
19-03-14, 21:20
Have you read this thread in this forum:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=149546

stormanmoomoo
19-03-14, 22:21
Yes I read that a few days ago and tried the things outlined an non worked, I've even tried lowering my caffiene intake and my sugar intake with the hope it will help but it hasn't, even drinking green tea doesn't help and thats sposed to relax you. I've seriously tried everythi g for nearly a month and a half.

Catherine S
19-03-14, 23:54
Hi there, the clue is in the part where you say you suffer from really bad anxiety since your fall, so my guess is the ectopics are connected to that. I wasn't much older than you when the ectopics started for me at age 22. They come and go and sometimes when I get a longer run of them lasting days, nothing I do seems to stop them, then they just disappear again for a while, although I do get a few missed beats and flutters more or less every day, but the odd few don't really bother me as much. My doctor gets them too and he takes beta blockers for them as do I, and even a low dose calms them, and its a medication you can take just when you need it. Or try one of the many natural remedies such as Rescue Remedy. I haven't taken it myself but a lot of anxious ppl swear by it. Hope this helps.

stormanmoomoo
21-03-14, 00:19
Hi there, the clue is in the part where you say you suffer from really bad anxiety since your fall, so my guess is the ectopics are connected to that. I wasn't much older than you when the ectopics started for me at age 22. They come and go and sometimes when I get a longer run of them lasting days, nothing I do seems to stop them, then they just disappear again for a while, although I do get a few missed beats and flutters more or less every day, but the odd few don't really bother me as much. My doctor gets them too and he takes beta blockers for them as do I, and even a low dose calms them, and its a medication you can take just when you need it. Or try one of the many natural remedies such as Rescue Remedy. I haven't taken it myself but a lot of anxious ppl swear by it. Hope this helps.
That's what my doctor thinks too, it really is a concern apparently but the more they say their worried the more I am worried too, I've already tried Citalopram and St Johns Wart and Kalms and they've all made it worse for me, I've looked into everything about it, even been referred for CBT to cope with the Anxiety cause i'm fairly sure the Ectopics are stemming from that too but I can't be sure till I have been checked, unfortunatley for me i'm a highly brainy person and I have studied health before for a breif time amongst other things so I kinda know the outcomes of certain things health wise and to me I can't stop thimking about that, my only other option is being prescribed Valium long term to sedate me abit as it were but my doctor seems to think that cause I have Aspergers I can't have it cause i'd react violently. So I have to limit what I have for that reason, I was at one point drinking alot of high caffiene and sugar drinks and I was told they can make Ecfopics worse so I seriously cut down on them and their still as bad as ever. I appologise if I seem to be rambling like a mad man but due to my Aspergers I can't put what I have in my head into words so it appears jumbled.