PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack anxiety :(

anxious_thoughts
20-03-14, 01:41
Hello everyone...here I am again.

The last three days I have been having heart attack anxiety. It all started Monday when I overheard someone talking about their father having a heart attack. Since then I have been having slight chest discomfort, almost like having to burping, left wrist tightness, and some pain in my left arm. I am just so nervous and afraid that this will lead to a heart attack. :(

Not to mention I am always able to feel my heart beat, I also believe it's going fast :(

RoseEve
20-03-14, 04:03
That is panic and anxiety. I'm having a panic attack right now and I can't hear my heart and boy is it fast! You are way too young for a heart attack!

skippy66
20-03-14, 12:15
If you concentrate on your right foot for 2 minutes, concentrate on nothing else but your right foot, it will start to feel strange. Tightness, tingly, shooting pains, just an awareness of your foot.

Can you see what I'm getting at here?

Lisa.w1979
20-03-14, 22:12
Skippy....you're a genius!! I'm not being sarcastic. Was getting funny chest pains and arm pains which I know are anxiety. So started concentrating on my foot and totally forgot about my chest!!

RoseEve
20-03-14, 22:51
It's a CBT technique :)

Tanner40
20-03-14, 22:52
Skippy is so right. It works. Just try to change your focus of concentration.

Lisa.w1979
20-03-14, 23:22
It totally works. Albeit for a few minutes, but works nonetheless! I think I need to give cbt another shot ya know. Only tried it in a group setting, and didn't like telling everyone how I feel. That was two years back when I was in a different place emotionally. Now I know I'm not mental and HA is a recognised disorder, it doesn't seem so shameful. Do I make sense?