PDA

View Full Version : Blips and bad days??

Tinky
20-03-14, 07:19
Hi I'm 3 weeks in, had a couple of really down days with a panic attack, is this common??? Will I go back to feeling somewhat normal again? I felt I was doing ok until a couple of days ago. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this

-Stella-
23-03-14, 18:05
Hi Tinky, I posted about this earlier this week -- I had been doing really well on fluoxetine from about halfway through the second week, but on Saturday of the third week I had a really down day and worried that things might be getting worse again. However by the Monday of week 4 I felt fine again. Today has also been a down day, but I have confidence that the fluoxetine helps and ups and downs are normal.
Best of luck to you, and big hugs :hugs:

theablac
24-03-14, 18:44
HI TINKY, I was like you a few weeks ago I am in to my 8th week now and feeling a lot better but up to week 6 I had all sorts of side effects ,anxiety , shakes ,aching pains and panic attacks then I started to have times when I felt better but still having some side effects , You will get through this if you can take one day at a time ,I thought I would never see the light in my black tunnel but I have and I am carrying on one day at a time and even if I get a blip I just think tomorrow is another day and it will be better ,There are lots of people on this site who feel the same as you but if you stick with medication I am sure in a few weeks you will have improved ,this medication is one that takes its time getting into your body and sorting itself out but when it does you will feel the benefits and you will be feeling your self again , I know its not easy and there's no quick fix but you will get better it just takes time , I have suffered with depression for many years but fluoxetine is one of the best for me ,Take care and look after yourself and try to talk to a friend ,partner or parent its easier when you have someone there for you .

TweetyBird2
24-04-14, 21:27
Just keeping it real and honest and admitting I woke up today feeling very jittery again today, after having over a week or two of calm.
Can't think of anything I did to precipitate it (no caffiene, no alcohol, etc. the night berfore, or anything emotionally heavy or scary). Just woke up feeling my heart was racing and it's been 4 hours now and I'm still feeling it. (I'm on week 8 on the Fluoxetine.).
Thankfully, because of this forum, I'm not scared or anything about it like I was in the first few weeks. I know it's just a stupid side effect and will pass. It's just annoying more than anything else.
But what's aggravating is that before starting this med, panic and jitters were one thing I didn't have much of...... I tended more toward more depression and mood swings. So this is "interesting" to experience now. It's giving me compassion for those who suffer with this (panic and anxiety) all the time, and not just as a side effect, for sure. It's not a comfortable feeling at all I'm finding!
Thanks for letting me share. Tomorrow's a new day! xx
Update, two days later: The jitters and intense anxiety went away on it's own after 48 hours of it. Whew, thank goodness. Just a blip, after all!