PDA

View Full Version : gor an appointment feeling so anxiousr do i cancel

trish1955
20-03-14, 08:13
Well not been to bad. For a few days as this past yr I have been so bad I could not even visit my daughter next door I quit smoking nine days ago which as been hard but to top that had toothache so bad for last twenty four hours so not slept well got up feeling shaky and anxiousr and I have hairdresser coming at half twelve not had a hair cut in over a year do to my anxiety panic I just decided two days ago to book one and get my hair cut the reason I ave not booked before now is I find it hard to sit still to long and feeling like I do today will I be able to sit still I feel really rubbish after a good few days I could cry right now feel like I can't fight the fight no more been battling over forty years any way any words of encouragement would be good thanks guys x

Mrsh11
20-03-14, 08:26
Well done to you for starting to get back on the horse. Think how amazing you will feel when you have had your hair done. You will feel so proud of yourself for facing your fear and next time it will be much easier. I will be thinking of you :)

trish1955
20-03-14, 08:40
Thanks for that made me smile x

Mrsh11
20-03-14, 09:00
Also, well done for stopping smoking. That is a wonderful thing you are doing :)

trish1955
20-03-14, 09:42
Thanks still struggling at min saying shall I cancel but then will I be mad at myself for canceling I am trying so hard to go with the it I have got a bit of a upset tummy not sure if its my anxiety coursing it I no I am so drained and tired from suffering chronic toothache I was in so much pain yesterday its hard to get into a dentist on NHS here even if I dare go any way thanks again for your support as really do need it at min x

MrAndy
20-03-14, 09:50
trish try and be brave and go to your appointment the help and support you will get will help in the long run

jillyb
20-03-14, 09:54
Hi Trish, like you I've suffered for years with anxiety! I was 10 when I first had Librium (gave it out like sweeties in those days!). I've battled on but finally succumbed to meds. Don't cancel your hair appointment. You're in your own home and IF you feel panicky just ask her to stop for a minute. You'll feel so much nicer when your hair is looking fab. I go to the hairdresser and I've known him for years so he understands if I've having a blip. I can talk to him and I always feel better afterwards. Put your lippy on afterwards and you'll feel great. Well, apart from that pesky tooth! X

Phuzella
20-03-14, 11:07
Trish, just explain to everyone how you feel, hairdresser, dentist whoever. It's up to them what they think, but if you're feeling poorly, tell them.
Try your best to get a dentist, they're a lot more sympathetic than they used to be, honestly.
The hair appointment is in your own home, ask her if she'd like a cuppa, have a chat, say you're a bit nervous and see how it goes:)
It's been 40 years Trish, make 2014 the year you say bo****ks to this, I'm gonna get out of this house .

trish1955
20-03-14, 15:00
Love all yr Post guys made me chuckle well I kept the appointment mite be making it a regular wash and blow dry every week in place of my smoking wich would cost more than a tenner and that's all the wash and blow dry will cost me so its a pat on that back for me today lol xxx

jillyb
20-03-14, 15:15
Well done! And on the smoking. That's one, that despite my HA, I can't seem to crack. Gave up once for 3 years and never thought I'd smoke again, but one row with my ex and off I went again! Stupid me. Good idea to give yourself a treat every week. Very proud of you for not cancelling. X

Phuzella
20-03-14, 15:36
Yay:)