PDA

View Full Version : Swollen glands, double chin

Darren1
20-03-14, 08:55
Hello

So I am getting worried again about my neck glands because 2 people have told me I have a double chin and i think its 'cos they are swollen and making me look fatter. I am actually a very slim person but dont have much jaw line so i do tend to get this problem. However i am worried people are noticing and its cos my glands are getting bigger. They feel all sore today too :-(

I had physio yesterday and the therapist said apart from some home-exercises he doesn't think i have a posture problem really!

He will think about referring me for an xray in 6 weeks if there is no improvement.

I told him that i've already had CT scan about my glands but i was worried that the context was wrong - nobody was looking at it from a neck pain perspective and he agreed :(

LE
20-03-14, 15:26
Darren, I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

I too have had this worry. Even slim I've not had much jaw line and in my ha years have worried its from swollen glands. But it's not Darren. It really isn't. You have had soooo many tests.

Don't let ha get into your head with this. Health anxiety lies and is a bully.

yenool
20-03-14, 18:53
Less than 2 months since you had that normal MRI isn't it? Plus the normal CT, X-ray and blood tests. It is not cancer.

Most likely you have a cold or virus coming on or maybe a minor infection.

Lucym681
20-03-14, 19:03
I'm having a similar problem. My glands in my neck and my thyroid has been swollen now for 3 months. I did have tonsillitis but generally they should have gone down after 6 weeks. I have had an ultra sound scan and blood tests, scan confirmed enlarged glands, bloods were normal. Docs saying I'm too young to have anything serious. And because of my health anxiety they don't want to send for too many tests because I will panic. Feel like giving up trying, but can't get the worry out of my head.

anthrokid
21-03-14, 22:29
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a very slim, fit size size 10 (AU) and I always look like I have a double chin.