PDA

View Full Version : Question about diazepam

mummyanxious
20-03-14, 13:40
I was prescribed sertraline last week and had dreadful anxiety on the second day. So bad I could hardly move for cold chills going through my body and not being able to breath.
Anyway the dr prescribed me some diazepam as I had some a few years ago with a bad episode and it worked well. I took them for about a week.

This time it's not really working. I'm on 2mg three times a day since Tuesday but the morning is just to worst. My legs are tense. I can feel it. I thought they were supposed to relax you.
And I keep getting the can't breath feelings and nausea waves etc that I had on the sertraline though not so intense.
I'm also taking one before bed but waking up at about five alert and panicky.

Does this mean its not anxiety causing these feelings or the diazepam isn't working? I hate to think what is be like without them :(

teej
28-03-14, 12:24
I've taken diazepam on and off this year - never for a huge length of time or continuously but I don't find 2mg does much much for me!

mummyanxious
28-03-14, 12:45
What dosage do you take?
I'm down to one a day now but 2mg in the morning and it first really take the edge off at all. I don't know what else calming I can try to stop this adrenalin cycle in the mornings. It's so so vile.

Magic
28-03-14, 16:40
I remember having diazepam years ago from out of a bottle. they did me good.
They helped me to relax and I had good sleep.
I told this to my GP and she gave me some just before Christmas.
They are now in a packet. I took 6 tablets. Had 6 sleepless nights and felt terrible.
I know they help to calm people down because I have seen posts about diazepam.
Why do they not work for me?:huh:

yenool
29-03-14, 11:17
I was prescribed sertraline last week and had dreadful anxiety on the second day. So bad I could hardly move for cold chills going through my body and not being able to breath.
Anyway the dr prescribed me some diazepam as I had some a few years ago with a bad episode and it worked well. I took them for about a week.

This time it's not really working. I'm on 2mg three times a day since Tuesday but the morning is just to worst. My legs are tense. I can feel it. I thought they were supposed to relax you.
And I keep getting the can't breath feelings and nausea waves etc that I had on the sertraline though not so intense.
I'm also taking one before bed but waking up at about five alert and panicky.

Does this mean its not anxiety causing these feelings or the diazepam isn't working? I hate to think what is be like without them :(

It sounds like the sertraline is making you more anxious and the 2mg diazepam dose isn't enough. - I think 2mg is about the smallest dose you can get for anxiety. I believe the maximum recommended is 10mg 3 times per day.

You could ask the doctor about an alternative or increased dose?