PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Butterfly7
20-03-14, 14:39
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this so sorry if this is not the right thing I'm doing. I've been suffering from health anxiety for 15 months now, I've been on antidepressants, had CBT therapy and still suffer badly. I've got to the point where I wonder if I'll ever get back to my old self again, I had my first panic attack after having a health scare but everything was fine and now I cannot seem to forget about it. From the minute I wake up till the min I go to bed all I think about is getting ill, being ill or dying, it has completely taken over my life. I am so focused on every sensation I feel in my body and it frightens me, and it may sound stupid but I think so much about my breathing that I've forgotten how to breath properly, which adds to the anxiety as then I get dizzy, light headed, headaches. I've been to the doctor numerous times having x rays, ecg's, blood tests etc and all come back fine. I completely understand why I feel the way I do and how and why I keep the anxiety going but still cannot seem to get my head to believe that that is all it is. As I'm writing this all I feel is scared, dizzy, nauseous. I have 2 young children and just want to be the best parent I can be and do try my best to hide this from them as I do not want it to affect them I.e going out, going away, holidays etc. I have always been a very positive, upbeat person but this anxiety/fear is really taking over I'm terrified of something happening to me and I put extra pressure on myself by telling myself I can't get ill or die as I have to be here for my kids something I know I have absolutely no control over. I just want this anxiety/fear to be gone so I can get on with my life and enjoy being with my family. If anyone has any help, advice or tips for getting over this it would be much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Forgot to say I also get the feeling of motion sickness even though I'm sitting down at home, feel dizzy, blurred vision, feel sick anyone else experience this as I keep thinking the worst!

CreteBluez
21-03-14, 18:46
Hi

I am also new to this site and pretty much suffering from exactly the same thing. I am also a mummy and currently pregnant with my second. I don't know of how much help I can be. However I would love to talk and maybe we could help one another?

The same thoughts as you go through my head ' I am going to die, there is definitely something wrong with me, the doctors are mistaken, I can't leave my children'

Health anxiety and panic attacks are the most frightening thing and trying to convince yourself that all it is. Is extremely hard. Tired of 'just getting by'

I am sorry this post has probably not helped, if anything made it worse. Bit stuck for words as I am not feeling a 100.

I am here to talk about anything.

All the best

Evangelia