PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand?

looking4answers
28-11-06, 22:26
The other day I was so worked up from my son coming..just nerves I suppose and first time anyone had visited here for a few days that it made my ribs sore..I guess from tension.The night they got here I was hurting and feeling bad,but also think that I had a litle cold or flu..I managed to chat and spend time with them and the pain subsided but still wasn't able to really relax.The next day got in the shower and was hurting all over my ribs and the top of my head..but we went out for a little while anyway.We went for a short ride and I got really nauseated and dizzy..That night I laid and bed and listen to my son and his wife talking to my wife..visiting..I didn't feel well.i also went to sleep around 10 pm..The next day we got up and got ready and went about 30 miles and looked around and got out and the sunshine was great and the wind..Then on the way back we went out to eat which we don't do anymore and I was so relaxed it was like the old me..Then we decided to go to another town just to look around and i was up for that..It was like the first time that i was normal again..Then we came home and stayed outside and did somethings till dark and after dark it was really cold but we shot fireworks..I started getting a crushing pain in the front of my head..I think it was sinus.I haven't had that since we were on an international fllight of 14 hours..It was bizarre and hurt so I came in and let them finish fireworks.I laid around again but chatted..Went to bed again early that night..The next day they left.. and we were here and decided to lay back down..We slept from around noon till 6am the next morning.I guess I wasn't feeling good..We got up and decided to go to town and I started shaking all over. I thought I was just nervous and we went on into town.I felt breathless again..and weak..We went to different stores and I couldn't get my eyes to focus inside but the sun here at this altitude is very bright.But still I didnt feel good..We came home and I started to sweat even though it was freezing.This is one of the characteristics of where we live ..You sweat even though you are cold.I didn't know the wife was feeling the same way .I think also the sunlight burned me the other day and it makes you sweat at night.I got nervous because i had read that profuse sweating is a sign of heart attack or stroke..I got really scared and had a bad panic attack..and felt as though I was having a real heart attack.I have had panic attacks recently but not like that..I took my meds and a blood pressure pill or beta blocker and still couldnt relax..Finally after about an hour it subsided and i still didnt feel good but was so tired.I took some tylenol and went to sleep.I felt as though i had a stroke that is why I couldn't settle down..and I woke with bad scarry dreams several times during the night..but slept fairly well.This morning my brain seemed different and odd..just weird but as the day has progressed i have seem mentally to feel better.. I just don't understand..That one day I felt normal although i didn't drive.. I felt normal for the first time in a long time.. and last night and today no..I feel worse than I have in a long time ..as night approaches i feel even weirder..I hope that I will be ok tonight.I just don't understand why I felt so good that one day and today and last night so bad...

mooks
29-11-06, 00:52
hi
sorry things are bad...one thing my therapist has made me understand...is that are mind are very clever little devils...
I think you were distracted when your son was there...and your mind didnt focus so much on the negatives...but slowly due to a pobably unlinked cold/sweats etc...it began to creep in again then BAM...its back...its how mine works...
Im slowly learning that my mind is causing these symptoms and I have to learn to stop them getting the better of me and my health...easier said than done ..havent quite mastered it yet...but yours seems so similar ...you were slowly becoming distracted by your sons visit... but at the back was the 'im ill' feelings...and then the cycle starts again...
One positive thing from this so is...you saw yourself how you used to be and shows that battling the mind can work...
hope it kind of helped xx