PDA

View Full Version : work, medication and anxiety

anxious2
20-03-14, 17:57
I have always managed to work with my anxiety, not took time off as yet, my anxiety is long term and seems to be my personality, a born worrier, I now take an antidepressant which as helped though still have anxious spells. I am mainly anxious about being anxious and struggle accepting this part of me. My worry for the moment is being on antidepressants and working as I work with children, I have no side effects so they dont effect my ability to concentrate. In my job I have to say what medication I am on and I have said and doesnt seem a problem, but yet I am still worrying lol

Lucym681
20-03-14, 18:57
More people than we will ever realise experience anxiety and depression in our lives. Some of the people you work with may have been through the same thing. What goes on in people's lives is private unless you decide to tell people. For health and safety they keep a record of your medication just in case of emergency if you ever needed urgent treatment the medics would ask. Don't worry, only your manager will know this, and they certainly can't judge or discriminate xx