PDA

View Full Version : What to do??

louise_192
20-03-14, 19:03
I am new to all of this so i dont really know what to say!

i got my first anxiety attack about 6 months ago! i dont even remeber what triigered it as i wasnt particular stressed or worried or anything that day i dont think! Since then i have found it really hard dealling with the smallest bit of stress! i worry about everything, i cant seem to control anything in my life at the minute apart from my housework (which is just another thing to worry about)
I am a student and a mum of three. i am in my last year at university and i am finding it so hard to be able to focus at what i do! i have been sent home now twice because i am not able to focus or concentrate while i am there.
I have tried speaking to my partner about all of this but i dont think he fully understands me! - as far as i can tel he just seems to think im obseesed with the fact that im depressed and to be honest i dont think t it depression! i think its general anxiety! I havent called my gp yet which i know i need to do.
Im so worried about being diagnosed with something and my partner then realising im being serious and him not coping too well with it either as he has so mcuh going on in his life too woth weork etc!

I really need people to talk to who feel the same way because at the minute i just feel rather alone!

help!

ray52
20-03-14, 19:18
Hi Louise you have your hands full with three children, a partner who cant grasp how your feeling and the final year of studies. I agree you need to talk to your gp for help perhaps take your partner along as well. You will find support and info on this site with many people who can relate too your problems. Your not alone here.:)

Lucym681
20-03-14, 19:20
You are never alone! What happened during your anxiety attack? Maybe you are worried about having another one? I would definitely recommend going to your doctor and having a chat. There is so much they can do to help us and get you feeling back to your normal self again.

louise_192
20-03-14, 19:42
thank you ray!

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

hi lucy
it was scary i couldnt breath my chest got tight! thinking about it made it worse! i have had a few of them now! they seem to happen when it all gets too much!

xx

Lucym681
20-03-14, 20:13
I have had one really bad one. I got assaulted, went home and relaxed for an hour before going to bed. I felt ok emotionally, but then all of a sudden I had incredible pain in my chest and couldn't breathe or speak! It was very scary. It's exhausting as well! Because it's so scary, we panic in case it happens again. Vicious circle really!