PDA

View Full Version : Persist or give up?

Lucym681
20-03-14, 19:14
problem. My glands in my neck and my thyroid has been swollen now for 3 months. I did have tonsillitis at the start of the three months but I thought they would have gone back to normal. I have had an ultra sound scan and blood tests, scan confirmed enlarged glands, bloods were normal. Docs saying I'm too young to have anything serious. And because of my health anxiety they don't want to send for too many tests because I will panic. Feel like giving up trying, but can't get the worry out of my head. What would you do?

ray52
20-03-14, 19:29
You can only do as the doctors advise Lucy don't give up will get there im sure. Best wishes

Catherine S
20-03-14, 20:17
Can you tell me what you mean when you say give up trying? Swollen glands take while to go down, I'm sure you're in good hands with your doctor.

Lucym681
20-03-14, 20:41
Do I just give up going to my doctor about this. He keeps just saying 'give it another couple of weeks' so I do and then I get the same again! Ahh it's frustrating!

Fishmanpa
20-03-14, 21:08
problem. My glands in my neck and my thyroid has been swollen now for 3 months. I did have tonsillitis at the start of the three months but I thought they would have gone back to normal. I have had an ultra sound scan and blood tests, scan confirmed enlarged glands, bloods were normal. Docs saying I'm too young to have anything serious. And because of my health anxiety they don't want to send for too many tests because I will panic. Feel like giving up trying, but can't get the worry out of my head. What would you do?

While I'm not a doctor, take it from one who knows about swollen neck glands. The rule of thumb is: If you have a suspicious lesion or node in the oral cavity or neck area that doesn't resolve in a few weeks or doesn't resolve a few weeks after a treatment of antibiotics, see a qualified ENT. What I mean by qualified is an ENT that treats more than kids sore throats and ear infections.

Positive thoughts

Lucym681
21-03-14, 18:17
I have had two 10 day courses of antibiotics and still no improvement. They keep just sending me for blood test. Yeah I might book in to see him. Thank you.