PDA

View Full Version : tetanus worry

sahara
20-03-14, 22:15
My cat just brought a mouse into his torture chamber, sorry I mean my house and I went to save it and the mouse bit me. I am terrified of tetanus, not sure of my booster situation help? No car to get to Dr tomorrow either :(

Frankie123
20-03-14, 22:22
You only need a tetanus injection every 10 years. Why don't you telephone your GP secretary and ask her when you had your last shot.

Fishmanpa
20-03-14, 22:23
Well.... The first thing would be to call the doctor and find out if you're up to date. If not, then see the doctor. Do the obvious and clean the wound thoroughly until then. Call a cab if you have to (or is that a lorrie in the UK?).

Positive thoughts

sahara
20-03-14, 22:29
I shall try to get through, maybe gone about a year hahaha! Ungrateful creature!

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

It's a cab here too!

bingjam
20-03-14, 22:42
Fishman pa.... its a taxi here in the uk...

Fishmanpa
20-03-14, 22:53
Fishman pa.... its a taxi here in the uk...

Ahhh.. got it.. lorry is a truck... (thanks Google ~lol~) All this time I thought it was a cab... I sing "Mother Goose" by Jethro Tull and there's a line "With his long red beard and his sister's weird... she drives a lorry".

Positive thoughts

RoseEve
20-03-14, 22:54
I got bit by a dog and they gave me the shot I would Definantely call the doc. I went straight to the hospital but my bite was a chunk of my leg. Next time let the cat have it's snack :D

sahara
20-03-14, 23:07
Bugger I will. What pita!

Fishmanpa
20-03-14, 23:10
I'm glad my cat is an indoor guy and plays with toy mice ;)

Positive thoughts

sahara
20-03-14, 23:15
The cat is in disgrace and the puppy is loving it because it's normally him that's in trouble for chewing socks or similar! X

bingjam
20-03-14, 23:42
My cat brought a mouse home, itbwas already dead though and the silly little cat left it by my sofa.. he thought he was being nice and leavimg me a pressent I wasnt impressed....

Quick question though, I homestly cant remember the last time I had a tetanus shot, proberly in high school 6 years ago.... is that bad??

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Ahhh.. got it.. lorry is a truck... (thanks Google ~lol~) All this time I thought it was a cab... I sing "Mother Goose" by Jethro Tull and there's a line "With his long red beard and his sister's weird... she drives a lorry".

Positive thoughts

A lorry is a truck hahaha.... google is right for once

Round in circles
20-03-14, 23:48
The cat is in disgrace and the puppy is loving it because it's normally him that's in trouble for chewing socks or similar! X

My kitty chews my socks with my feet still in them :(

RoseEve
20-03-14, 23:59
10 years the shot is good for

puzzledlass
21-03-14, 03:22
If you're concerned ask your doc if they think you should have one. I had to get one today as I was very clever and sliced the top of my finger off. Last one I had before now would have been age 11.