PDA

View Full Version : ECG results scared

mummyanxious
21-03-14, 12:50
Ok so today I went for an ECG. All of my previous ecgs have been absolutely normal and event monitor picked up multifocal ectopic a but nothing else and that was I think about six months ago.
Today's printout says normal sinus rhythm but left axis deviation.
I am terrified and sat here completely panicking until I can get to see my dr.
I've been having terrifying breathing issues since I took some sertraline last week and it won't stop. When I get nervous the left of my chest starts burning and I feel like vomiting and I'm worried this is why there's an abnormality on my ECG.
Please someone I don't know what to do I am so very scared.

Annie0904
21-03-14, 12:59
Will you be able to see your doctor today? LAD is quite a common ecg 'abnormality and doesn't necessarily indicate a cardiovascular condition. If it was anything serious they wouldn't have let you go home.

mummyanxious
21-03-14, 13:08
Yes I'm seeing them tonight but I am terrified. And can't understand how all my other fairly recent ones have been normal. Or told they were normal.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Plus all the symptoms I've had is leading me to believe I'm going to die soon

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I'm praying to god it's just a computer reading like years ago when it said I had right ventricular hypertrophy but actually didn't. It was just the machine interpreting it.

Annie0904
21-03-14, 13:27
[QUOTE I'm praying to god it's just a computer reading like years ago when it said I had right ventricular hypertrophy but actually didn't. It was just the machine interpreting it.[/QUOTE]

That is what I meant when I said a common ECG abnormality. All of your other tests were fine so I am sure it is nothing to worry about.

mummyanxious
21-03-14, 13:31
Oh right I see! Oh my goodness. You meant it was a common thing the computer throws out, not a common abnormality with the heart?
See how people don't interpret things right when they're not being rational!

Annie0904
21-03-14, 14:32
:D Yes that is what I meant :)

mummyanxious
21-03-14, 19:43
Well just to update you the dr looked at it and said it was normal. She said she didn't think I had LAD and the printout was normal, nothing more to do. So need to move on.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Why do the computers print these things out though? They must base their diagnosis on something :/